Fang and Bone – N4A Chat Thread, March 2018

Reilly

Tried to get a bundle on Final Fantasy Brave Exvius.    

Servers are stupid. 

Somehow managed to pay for the thing. 

Didn't get my bundle.  

I blame technical difficulties. 

Wasted $25. 

Tried getting the FFBE Customer Service and Facebook Page to respond to me.  

No luck. 

I hope there is a well deserved compensation for that %$$#%#$%#$%#$%#$%#$%#$%#$%#$%#$%#$%$#%$#%#$%$#%#$%#$%$#%#!  

I played the game because I had real enjoyment out of playing this game. This is the first time I felt the servers weren't connecting well. In hindsight, I should have never bought anything while the severs were in this condition. It's lame I can't get back my money's worth. 

This post might be coming out of the blue, and it's quite a bit personal. If you don't want to read it, just move on--it's in a spoiler because it's rather long. There's a few people who know details about this, but as a whole I want to keep this from my main group of friends (who are basically my labmates and students I took classes with). That group of friend is close knit, and generally if one of them knows, eventually all of them will know and I'm not sure how comfortable I am talking to them about it. So, not knowing where else to go, here I am. And, understand, there's a lot going on right now--so I'd appreciate it if you do respond you try to be respectful.

So like, here's the thing. I'm diagnosed with Asperger's, a form of autism. This has been the case since I was 10. A long time ago, I used to be very open about my diagnosis. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if some of you remember; but I'm also not sure how good y'all are at remembering the minute details of my life. That said, over the past few years I've gone mum about my autism. If autism were being gay, it'd be completely apt to say I worked my way back into the closet; hopefully that analogy tells you where I'm to where I'm coming from. But, a spontaneous stroll through various autism blogs earlier this month just reminded me just how autistic I am; and many ways, I'm realizing this closet I created was a fantasy I made to hide an important aspect of myself.

So part of me is now re-accepting that autism is part of me. A real aspect of autism is trying to (attempt to) behave neurotypically in every facet of my life--after all, passing as neurotypical is so often a goal of many autism therapy and intervention. The classic example is training auties to make eye contact; eye contact comes so unnnaturally to me and it's honestly a distraction to have to remind myself to look at people in the eye. And I know I'm relatively good at this acting (in real life, anyway); one of my last interactions being open about it was with my second semester English professor (in Freshman year of high school!) who was just in disbelief because I passed so well.  But this acting--this constant almost 24/7 acting--is in many ways starting to take a toll on me. Or maybe I'm just realizing the toll it's taken. It’ll probably take years to fully understand the damage this has done, and I’m only beginning to recognize it. All I know is I can't keep up with all this acting anymore.

What does this mean for y’all? Honestly, I don’t know. I’ll be trying to relax more, but unrelatedly I might act more autistic since that’s what comes naturally. And maybe this mask was never as good as I thought,and for most y'all, it'll feel like nothing has changed. More than anything, I've been wanting to tell people how i feel. If I make that 'gay man in a closet' analogy one more time, think of this as me coming out of the closet (again)--albeit, on a forum. I'm not really asking for anything I guess, other than making sure I didn't have to bottle these feelings up inside.

So, yeah, that's been a thing this past few weeks.

Oh, and Tyranogre, since you'll probably read this, don't tell your parents or anything. Last thing I need right now is my parents finding out this is how I feel because that's just a complicated situation I'm not ready to deal with yet.

edit: darn formatting errrors. gah.

edit 2: cleaning up grammar errors.

Edited by KefkaFFVI

I feel it.  It's normal to put on a front for people.  I don't come in here anymore to really talk about my mental health problems, and most of my friends and coworkers in real life are generally caught out to hear how severe my depression gets because in person I'm actually a very chipper, energetic and social person.  But I've acknowledged that I've regressed pretty hard about being open to talk about my mental health issues and it's just really, really exhausting to be putting up a front when there are just moments where I feel like I should be allowed to be miserable and stop hiding how I'm feeling or changing how I act around others to hide something.

I think it's still fine to change how you act around people because that's just human nature to adjust your behavior depending on who's around.  But it also comes with managing cases where you feel comfortable just allowing you to be yourself, especially around people you trust.

Just now, Tyranogre said:

What's there to tell my parents about?

Nothing really. But I imagine my Mom keeps in contact with one of your parents (she keeps in contact with so many parents from our school) that I didn't want to chance this somehow coming up in a conversation.

if nothing else, just see this as me being anxious and don't think anything of it, okay?

Taking some time to clear out some of the older images from my Imgur account - i have a lot of things dating back 4/5 years - including unimportant screenshots from when Global Link was around

Quite a bit of screenshots from when i as installing TF2 Mods / sprays - not entirely sure why i did that, possibly for showing and/or documentation, possibly?

A lot of New Leaf/Tomodachi Life Screenshots too - Been a long while since i've played either of them, honestly... though im not sure if much has changed since i think i backed up the save data

Damn.... i really need to get around to trying to repair my XL.... though i don't know if that's even possible, as far as i know

If i could have transferred back to my original 3DS, i would have - it's been out of commission for so long i've missed quite a lot of 3DS content

1 hour ago, luca said:

The gimmicks early on are fun, you're fucking nuts. y;

The design is really cool, but the angels in the poison swamp suck. The boss fight was neat, but then getting to the ringed city and getting instakilled by 500000000 archers was not fun. It’s still not fun. 

27 minutes ago, ace said:

The design is really cool, but the angels in the poison swamp suck. The boss fight was neat, but then getting to the ringed city and getting instakilled by 500000000 archers was not fun. It’s still not fun. 

It's meant to be a puzzle. y;