Fang and Bone – N4A Chat Thread, March 2018

Reilly

12 hours ago, KefkaFFVI said:

Don't get me wrong--I genuinely like her. But she comes from an era where Nintendo's tutorials played as if you never experienced a game in your life and Fi's unskippable dialogue played right into that. 

Basically, like a cat that can't stop rummaging at night, I find her annoying but likable.

Nintendo has that issue with Zelda games. Navi can’t be skipped for things in the Deku Tree, Twilight Princess takes forever to get started. BotW did it right. The Great Plateau is the best Zelda “tutorial” to date. 

That said. They aren’t the only offenders. A lot of games need a “I’ve played this before” option. 

2 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Nintendo has that issue with Zelda games. Navi can’t be skipped for things in the Deku Tree, Twilight Princess takes forever to get started. BotW did it right. The Great Plateau is the best Zelda “tutorial” to date. 

That said. They aren’t the only offenders. A lot of games need a “I’ve played this before” option. 

The difference with Skyward Sword, though, is that Fi can't be skipped throughout the entire game.

I'm so tired of group projects in every class. I'm so tired of having to work twice as hard to make up for lazy asses that don't do anything. In one class I just stopped doing the extra work and let the group fail. We'll see how that pays off tonight.

6 minutes ago, ace said:

I'm so tired of group projects in every class. I'm so tired of having to work twice as hard to make up for lazy asses that don't do anything. In one class I just stopped doing the extra work and let the group fail. We'll see how that pays off tonight.

It’s to prepare you for real life. Where coworkers do shit all and you get more work dumped on you and you still get the same salary. 

42 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

It’s to prepare you for real life. Where coworkers do shit all and you get more work dumped on you and you still get the same salary. 

The difference is in real life bad employees get fired.

Work and school are completely different contexts for group projects. You actually have common allotted time to work on group projects in a job situation; I've had group presentations where all of us weren't free until 10PM because of school and work. 

I have a special disdain for class group presentations but that's neither here nor there.