Fang and Bone – N4A Chat Thread, March 2018

Reilly

FEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME FEELS LIKE A FLY BIT MEFEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME FEELS LIKE A FLY BIT MEFEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME FEELS LIKE A FLY BITFEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME FEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME MEFEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME FEELS LIKE A FLY BIT MEFEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME FEELS LIKE A FLY BIT MEFEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME FEELS LIKE A FLY BIT MEFEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME FEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME

13 hours ago, Blue.Frog said:

FEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME FEELS LIKE A FLY BIT MEFEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME FEELS LIKE A FLY BIT MEFEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME FEELS LIKE A FLY BITFEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME FEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME MEFEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME FEELS LIKE A FLY BIT MEFEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME FEELS LIKE A FLY BIT MEFEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME FEELS LIKE A FLY BIT MEFEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME FEELS LIKE A FLY BIT ME

The bosses have the best quotes, but you only ever get to fight them a handful of times.

Hot take:

When you think about her context within the story, Navi is actually one of the best "helper" characters the series has ever had. While you the player might find her annoying, think about what she means to Link.

Throughout his life, he was always ostracized by the other Kokiri as "the boy without a fairy". He was bullied by Mido, he was picked on by the others, and Saria was the only person he could truly call a friend. So when the Deku Tree intoduced him to Navi, not only did Link gain a new friend, but he also gained the one thing he needed to become accepted by his peers.

So, if you're complaining about Navi because she tries to give you hints that you may or may not need, that's not a problem with Navi as a character; it's a problem with the game itself trying to hold your hand when you don't want it to.

1 hour ago, EH_STEVE said:

I loved Fi 

Don't get me wrong--I genuinely like her. But she comes from an era where Nintendo's tutorials played as if you never experienced a game in your life and Fi's unskippable dialogue played right into that. 

Basically, like a cat that can't stop rummaging at night, I find her annoying but likable.

also, Stephen Hawking died. sadface;

Edited by KefkaFFVI