Jump to content
Reilly

Fang and Bone – N4A Chat Thread, March 2018

Recommended Posts

 

Celebrating the one-year anniversary of the release of Breath of the Wild on March 3rd, followed by St. Patrick's Day on March 17th, so let's kick off the chat thread with some Celtic-style Zelda music!

 

I picked 'Fang and Bone' for the chat name because it sounded most like it'd be the name of a pub.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Isotope said:

 

Damn, that's tasty.  If I ever get this game (and a system to play it on), this track convinced me to put effort into trying to main Hit.

 

I love the weird-ass saxophone noodling at the 1:05 mark, followed by at least two quotes of The Lick™.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

I got my autographed copy of that CD just last week!

Me, too!  Probably the first time I didn't feel a burning desire to punch something upon hearing Kaepora Gaebora's theme.  Still a mild desire to punch something, but not too strong.

Share this post


Link to post

One more question in switch: are games with one save slot (e.g. breath of the wild) one save slot per console or one save slot per profile?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Adol said:

One more question in switch: are games with one save slot (e.g. breath of the wild) one save slot per console or one save slot per profile?

Profile. But with BotW one Profile can have a Normal and a Master Mode (if DLC paid for) slot.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Sir Grim Locksmith VIII said:

Wait they sell a save slot as part of DLC?

Not exactly; rather, hard (master) mode *itself* is part of DLC and they figure you don't want to override your old save file for your new hard mode playthrough. As such, it's effectively a second save slot. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Adol said:

Not exactly; rather, hard (master) mode *itself* is part of DLC and they figure you don't want to override your old save file for your new hard mode playthrough. As such, it's effectively a second save slot. 

Oh okay.

 

So it's not like Metal Gear Survive then. Thank God. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Like, I get that Nintendo isn't always the best developer, but I don't see them getting as greedy on the switchy as the rest of the AAA industry anytime soon. The worst that can be said about Nintendo's switch games is their DLC can be expensive by Nintendo standards--such as Xenoblade 2 and FE Warriors. 

 

And I specify switch games because FE heroes is a moneygrab and let's not pretend otherwise, but it's on mobile, so doesn't bode much of anything for the switch. 

Edited by Adol

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Adol said:

Like, I get that Nintendo isn't always the best developer, but I don't see them getting as greedy on the switchy as the rest of the AAA industry anytime soon. The worst that can be said about Nintendo's switch games is their DLC can be expensive by Nintendo standards--such as Xenoblade 2 and FE Warriors. 

 

And I specify switch games because FE heroes is a moneygrab and let's not pretend otherwise, but it's on mobile, so doesn't bode much of anything for the switch. 

I don't find it to be as much of one as Pokemon Shuffle. It's impossible to get a lot of the rares now so I don't try that often. The odds are far more in favor of the house these days. They really, really want people to spend money on it.

 

Found out about a worse one though: The X Files: Deep State. As bad as Shuffle's prices can be, this game out does it.  $349.30 -- a combination price for 'special offer' bundles. 

 

No thanks guys, I'd rather get a Switch or a PS4 instead. :P 

Edited by Doc Brown

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone else own Monster Hunter World?

 

My friends fucking suck at being online at decent times, so I need new hunting buddies.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Gold said:

Anyone else own Monster Hunter World?

 

My friends fucking suck at being online at decent times, so I need new hunting buddies.

 

I would but...

 

0FFA17DA-BFB9-4453-9A0D-448300621F35.jpeg.7283d73ad22a29845a6e57538b8d2c81.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't find it to be as much of one as Pokemon Shuffle. It's impossible to get a lot of the rares now so I don't try that often. The odds are far more in favor of the house these days. They really, really want people to spend money on it.

I don't really think of Pokemon apps as Nintendo's. The Pokemon Company is closer to a business partner than subsidiary of Nintendo, and so the PC can do what they want as long as they don't publish on competing platforms. That's a reason Pokemon showed up on mobile well before any other Nintendo franchise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×