Retro Pokemon Adventures

What have you guys been doing in the older Pokemon games, like Silver, Gold, Red , Crystal, etc.?

I've been working on training up some Pokemon in Crystal version and have been soft resetting for shiny starters in Silver and Gold.

Edited by Doc Brown
1 minute ago, Art_de_Cat said:

I am currently playing Crystal via 3ds vc.  First time playing it and hoping to make it through to get a legit shiny celebi.  Just got 2nd badge and trying to level up a magikarp and a bellsprout to round out my types I currently have.

I need to remember to redeem gs codes for the legendaries in sun/moon.

Nice! I'm on my second play through. Played through it on a physical copy years ago. Glad that Game Freak is letting everyone have a chance to get a legit Celebi. Going for a shiny one myself too.

I bought Crystal on my two N3DS XL systems so I could trade pokémon but I actually sped through Crystal on one cause Feraligatr is super OP and can solo the game, including final encounter at the end, already caught my Celebi on that one then traded it to Gold and cloned it for transferring over to Gen VII and sent them out on Valentines Day. As I was checking out my boxes I noticed I also got a shiny Swanna(from a German player) through wonder trade on top of the other three I mentioned in the shiny hunter thread. In my other Crystal file I bred pokémon for a team of some pokémon I never tried in a file which are: Shelder, Phanpy, Porygon and Aerodactyl(the other two are my starter Cyndaquil and Nidoking who is still a powerhouse in Gen 2). I also traded the pokémon to Gold version and used a glitch to make them shiny then traded them back as I likely won't be trading them away, unless I clone them. Gen 2 games are some of the worst for trying to equally level a team of pokémon.

• 1 month later...

Working my way through Crystal right now. Forgot about Falkner though :P. My guys are pretty much almost ready to face him. Just leveling up my Geodude and some of my other guys a bit more before doing so. Hoping to do it tonight and get my first badge.

Edited by Doc Brown

Took down Falkner!

Here's the team I used:

William -- Pidgey -- Lv. 10

Daphne -- Gastly -- Lv. 10

Reyes -- Hoothoot -- Lv.9

Frasier -- Geodude -- Lv. 10

Krychek -- Poliwag -- Lv. 9

Roseanne -- Zubat -- Lv. 10

His Pidgeotto spammed Gust and Mud-Slap and it reminded me of how RNG is not in our favor in the earlier games (not a bad thing, but it is rather annoying! :P).

I made it through Union Cave and am now in Azalea Town. Just working on training up my team. Got my Metapod evolved into a Butterfree and am training up a Spearow.

Edited by Doc Brown

Finally took down Team Rocket in Slowpoke well for Kurt. Then defeated my rival.

Here's the team I used against him:

Murphy -- Butterfree -- Lv. 14

Frasier -- Geodude -- Lv. 14

Perry -- Spearow  -- Lv. 12

Joe Kenda -- Poliwag -- Lv. 13

Krychek -- Poliwag -- Lv. 13

William -- Pidgey -- Lv. 12

Getting ready to get my Bug badge next.

--

Got the Bug badge!

Here's the team I used:

Wendy -- Onix -- Lv. 14

William -- Pidgey -- Lv. 12

Reyes -- Hoothoot -- Lv. 11

Daphne -- Gastly -- Lv. 12

Frasier -- Geodude -- Lv. 14

Perry -- Spearow -- Lv. 13

Caught quite a few new guys today! An Abra, a Ditto, a Jigglypuff,  a Snubbull. Hatched an Elekid from the Daycare couple.  Also bred an Abra to trade for a Machop.

Edited by Doc Brown

Caught some new guys... a Growlithe and some other friends. Was able to train Machop up to around Lv. 18 and was able to take down Whitney and get the Normal badge.

Here's the team I used:

Dumbledore -- Chikorita - Lv. 15

Muscle -- Machop -- Lv. 20

Niles -- Bellsprout -- Lv. 14

Joe Kenda -- Poliwag -- Lv. 15

Wendy -- Onix -- Lv. 16

Daphne -- Gastly -- Lv. 14

Had a heck of a battle against a Pinsir today in the Bug contest. Ended up catching it. Also did some training today. Hoping to be able to get some more done. Trying to prepare for the Ghost type gym.

Team planning (in progress):

Scyther

Gastly

Growlithe

Abra

Abra

Drowzee

Edited by Doc Brown

Did some more training and my Zubat is liking me more. Also participated in the Bug contest and it was a real nail biter! Caught a Lv. 18 Caterpie as a filler since I wasn't running into any Venonats, it got down to around 8 minutes when I finally ran into one! Was able to catch it and came in second place.

Found one of the best rom hacks out there called Crystal Clear which lets you choose your region to start and starter choice has 24 to pick from, went w/ Elekid which is now Electabuzz and my top hitter. You can choose w/e order of gym leaders to tackle and trainers scale w/ your badges plus the gyms can be challenged multiple times. All 251 pokémon are catchable in the game, additions like a trade back guy are for those specific evolutions.

8 hours ago, Dancing Mog said:

Found one of the best rom hacks out there called Crystal Clear which lets you choose your region to start and starter choice has 24 to pick from, went w/ Elekid which is now Electabuzz and my top hitter. You can choose w/e order of gym leaders to tackle and trainers scale w/ your badges plus the gyms can be challenged multiple times. All 251 pokémon are catchable in the game, additions like a trade back guy are for those specific evolutions.

Cool! Just downloaded it and am going to check it out.