Fire Emblem Cipher: Series 12

Chrom

DXazYq1W0AAx_Vb.jpg

A late discovery but one I'd definitely like to bring up. Going off this image I found (I think it's from a poster at Cipher Sai West?), Soren appears to be one of the cards in the upcoming tourney promo pack that should release next month. We can see it well enough to tell that it's an alternate to his new N card this coming set, but with a different illustration with him and Ike together. Very cool!

About the next tourney promos, I'm not sure what's going on with them. They actually just released the monthly tourney pages on the official site, but they're currently provisional and haven't revealed the cards yet. A bit strange since I don't recall that happening before. But to be sure, there certainly will be promos for next month.

DYUGWuwV4AA3DT_.png:small

We get another SR reveal today, Ishtar from Jugdral! After three other sets of yellow, she finally debuts in the card game. She makes use of the mighy Mjölnir tome, manipulating the opponent's own bonds and gaining strength tied to how many of them have already been flipped down. Against decks which spend heavily on their resources, Ishtar brings down the thunder!

I'll be able to make aside some time to watch a bit of this weekend's livestream. Looking forward to it! Wonder if there'll be any additional news on Series 14?

I'm so stupidly excited that Ishtar is getting an SR this set. flower; I'm glad I upped my order to 3 boxes, too, so hopefully I should be able to get at least one of her, Lissa, and Lachesis.

In terms of S14, I'm not sure. If it really is going to be the FE16 set like some people have been expecting, then they still wouldn't be able to reveal much. Personally I've been hoping it'll be like a reprint set or a villains set or something else out of the ordinary, and if that's the case, I guess we might see more news. But if they still don't reveal anything, or not the full set, then the people who are thinking it's FE16 are going to grow, and I'm probably going to be one of them.

DYZOqLlVMAAlfap?format=png

Amazing set of cards of Micaiah and Ike, as they appear at the very end of FE Radiant Dawn!

The Ike we've technically seen before, but with alternate artwork. As said before, he is extremely powerful, capable of singlehandedly closing out games if the player has been properly setting him up.

The Micaiah is all-new and should have another version yet to be seen. She supports Ike by eliminating the chances of self-supporting, disabling the notorious Mantle skill (belonging to the Black Knight), and allowing Ike to grow further at an accelerated rate. The end of all is here, and together they pave the way to victory!

I am also in agreement that whether or not they say anything about S14 will be an interesting development. Will be tuning in as usual!

https://imgur.com/a/r3irm

Gotta say I'm really pleased with what they showed off today! Series 13 is shaping up to be pretty appealing with all the new and returning characters they're adding.

I think overall, I like the new art for Alfonse the most out of everything. I'm really partial to him and his more recent character development is something that has been drawing to me more and more, so seeing him in such a scenario where he's just casually reading a book, an activity you don't normally see FE protagonists do, is appealing in it own right. Just a real comfy piece of art in my opinion.

I also think it's really cool that the new Ares tourney promo shows off his mom, since you don't actually see her at all in the original game, only from an old artbook. Pulling all that neat stuff from the annals of the series' history is just one of the many things I love about the TCG.

Black Knight SR is very awesome looking, it might be my favorite one this set.

The lack of S14 news is not as disappointing as it would normally be for me, because I think it lends a little bit of credence to the idea that it might be the fabled FE Switch set and they're not ready to delve further into it yet until the game proper is shown off elsewhere. So if we suppose the next livestream is in May (by that point I think they absolutely will talk about S14), perhaps the hot new game will already be the talk of the town by then...but that's just a theory.

Edit: Forgot to mention Nintendo Dream magazine also revealed today that their newest issue includes a new Ike promo! Might be the only one for now.

Edited by Chrom

DYim748VQAAhBe4.png:small

A proper look at the Black Knight SR, illustrated by Daisuke Izuka. He's spurred a ton of feedback because he is ridiculously strong. Like, I am talking Ridiculous. For starters he has abnormally high base attack, and is able to essentially double it upon initiation while he attacks the enemy leader. When he does so, he also completely wipes the opponent's playing field, instantly dismantling their army like a house of cards. All of this at a very low cost to perform, with no restriction on how many times you can do this per turn. All in all, Black Knight's going all in and making the TCG like he owns it.

Although I was a bit disappointed in the high amount of fluff in yesterday's livestream, it was a lot of fun and lots of hype. I'm also thinking that it's pretty likely at this point that S14 is related to FE Switch since they didn't say anything about it at all. I guess time will tell.

DYotOB9VQAAVLmZ.png

The official Twitter showed off today the aforementioned Ike promo from Nintendo Dream, featuring Ike as a Hero, wielding Ettard. He has another cost 3 from the third set, and by comparison, I wouldn't say this is either better or worse than that, it more depends on what you think you may need at the time. The old one offers a valuable one-turn range bonus, but for more raw power, this card gets the job done.

By the way, that same issue of Nintendo Dream also has an interview with one of the directors of FE Echoes. There are plans to have that translated soon, so that may or may not be of interest.

Auctions have got some new cards up. Via Kizuna we have:

Ike N+X (it's the medallion card, sort of an alt)

Mist SR+ (signed)

Soren R+ (signed)

Stefan R+ (different art I think)

Elincia R+ (signed)

Lachesis SR+ (even has "Elto onii-sama" written on it)

Ishtar SR+ (different art)

To be honest, I am actually disappointed medallion Ike was made to be the X card of the booster, if only because I had hoped it would be someone else.

I think by tomorrow or so the complete set list should be posted on the official site. I am crossing my fingers for a Lehran card for the sake of versatility for the Zelgius deck I'm hoping to build. They more or less confirmed he would be getting his own card separate from the existing Sephiran one according to card text.

DYsyXhNUQAIohlr.png:small

Holy crap, they made Ashera playable. She's very unconventional though, as she cannot fight nor does she have any kind of weapon to make use of. She's very much a tool specifically crafted to grant her blessing to your leader, preventing them from losing out to a weak foe who gets in a sneaky crit. Otherwise...she's not really that amazing. Still cool though.

• 2 weeks later...

DZqINxxVMAATkWB?format=png

Just wanted to share this year's April Fool's card: Idol Shade! It's a parody of the group joke that Mr. Kawade makes a (not so) great Shade. The artist is even her voice actress too, which is neat. Despite how strong this Shade can be (the number of other allies times 100), she is unfortunately not a playable card.

As an aside, I recently purchased a few cards for myself the other day! I'd be happy to share what I get later. flower;

• 2 weeks later...

Dah1Pd2W4AADoyb.jpg

My new cards came in the other day, and it allowed me to update my Chrom collection!

The new Chrom cards which specifically came in were:

B08-001SR+ (YES)

B08-002SR

B11-082R

B11-083N

B12-051R

B12-051R+

B12-052N

I'm still missing the unsigned Exalt SR and the booster pack edition of his S1 HN, but otherwise this is pretty much complete. Also not pictured is a sleeve of his S1 ST and a special marker card of his S1 HN, which I also own, but I didn't feel like including them here. I want to look into what else is also available sometime because I'm not entirely sure of everything that's out there, I can only recall at least one other special marker card that's been released which I don't have yet.

I was also fortunate enough to get a booster pack from Series 4, and luckily they were all new additions! It had:

Ogma N

Jubelo HN

Merric N

Eleonora R

Eleonora N

Panne N

Owain N

Inigo N

Shade HN

When I shared Ogma with Mayo on Twitter (since she was the artist), she told me a fun fact about it: Ogma's fighting against arrows because he's supposed to be protecting Caeda (since she's a Pegasus Knight and bows are especially dangerous against them), who isn't even pictured in the illustration. This was a detail that Mayo personally included beyond instruction, which I thought was sweet since I believe I recall that she's said before that Ogma and Caeda were two of her favorite FE characters.

Mayo also recently shared insight on the process behind her fan art of Nieve, the newly revealed original character. I also found this to be an interesting look at the character.

Da45iRyVMAAeVIe.png

The official FE Cipher Twitter revealed that the upcoming monthly Dengeki Nintendo will come with a new promo card of Lucina, as a parallel to the existing Ike promo in Nintendo Dream magazine. It depicts Lucina as a Great Lord during the time she is traveling by sea with her group. I think that's a cool touch. The card itself isn't amazing I think, but I don't feel it really needs to be, it's just another option for her during mid-game.

Da44TzTVAAAIy1V.png:small

The official Twitter has also unveiled the latest tourney special marker cards for the month of May: Ike, Micaiah, Chrom, and Eldigan!

Fun fact: Eldigan technically isn't new, since the very same card was distributed through this year's Cipher Sai event last month. The others are indeed new though.

Anyway, I suspect tidbits of details about the next set, Series 13, should begin trickling in within the new few weeks, and I'm looking forward to that.

DbNftk-UwAIKS-U.jpg:small

First new detail of Series 13 in a while: the official Twitter has shared this artwork of Eliwood, illustrated by Sachiko Wada. It's to be used for a card in the FE Blazing Blade starter deck releasing in June. It seems like this will the equivalent to cards already known in circles as Marth ST, Chrom ST, etc. They also mention that the set in general will introduce new support skills, though that was basically a given but it's nice to know. Based on his early appearance, original role, and this, I am personally guessing Eliwood is probably getting a new SR too, but we'll see.

Some recent Cipher updates!

The official Twitter has confirmed the date of the next seasonal livestream, May 26! Eri Suzuki is the only special guest appearance announced thus far. Naturally the main focus of it should be Series 13, but hopefully news beyond that will be detailed as well.

WXGwSYsm.jpg5YZzyDjm.jpg

In addition, new artwork of Matthew and Lena for Series 13 have been published. Both are returning characters who are expected to get new cards this set. These were actually in the latest Nintendo Dream issue from a few weeks ago but only just recently surfaced.

I think I should have a new topic for Series 13 posted in the near future so be on the lookout for it.