A Hat in Time *confirmed* to release on Nintendo Switch

That's a shame as I was holding out on the possibility of a Nintendo Switch release. I can understand them not doing the Nintendo Wii U that they were looking into but to also pass on the Nintendo Switch? Well, at least they gave a straightforward answer about it instead of "we might consider bringing this game if we see enough demand". What are your opinions about it Ninfora?

EDIT: So previously it was said they would not bring the game over to Switch but as of today they have announced a Switch version is indeed coming after all. 
Edited by Juanblue85

I've been hearing quite a bit about this title but I heard this title used Unreal Engine 3 and Switch doesn't have engine in its architect. (correct me if I'm wrong that if you have the latest engine, the same system won't have its lesser engine as well) Because this game released on PS4 and Xbox one and the...3DS as well? So with all those platforms and what engine this game is made, it is understandable from that perspective. From a sales perspective, it is a damn shame with how this would be a perfect fit on Switch.

Another platformer won't hurt the Switch.

26 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I've been hearing quite a bit about this title but I heard this title used Unreal Engine 3 and Switch doesn't have engine in its architect. (correct me if I'm wrong that if you have the latest engine, the same system won't have its lesser engine as well) Because this game released on PS4 and Xbox one and the...3DS as well? So with all those platforms and what engine this game is made, it is understandable from that perspective. From a sales perspective, it is a damn shame with how this would be a perfect fit on Switch.

3DS? first I've heard of it but it seems that they only released the game on PS4/XBO/PC. Its just a lot of fans are mad at them because they made the game as a love letter to Nintendo platformers and then here they are saying they will not release it on the system that gave them their inspiration. Also there has been a bit of news that the developers have been rude before but I think that's unproven.

Guess, I was mistaken on the 3DS. I wonder if I mistake that for another similar themed game on 3DS, perhaps? I can't seem to remember the name if one similar.

Yeah, I can see the similarity and the inspiration but like I said it's just too bad but what the Switch can/can't do. Even, if it would be a waste money to put it on Wii U, they should least put it on one Nintendo system that has the engine to produce the game. I don't follow devs making this game but I've followed a bit the news of what this game is so I don't know if I'm to believe if the devs were rude but for some reason I don't put it past them, if they wait this long to say they no longer support Wii U and just dropped with no reason but speculation about engine why this can't be brought over to Switch. That's just my observation of this,

4 hours ago, DLurkster said:

I'd imagine it had to do more with the support of the engine. I guess it is possible to get A Hat in Time with Unreal 3 on the Switch (Bloodstained, an Unreal 4 game, was originally suppose to be on the WiiU, an unsupported system.), but given Unreal 4 has official support on the system, porting it to that is an option depending on their time and budget. We have seen "engine ports" before, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (UE3 to UE4), and Dear Esther (Source Engine to Unity) comes to mind. Not sure if Bulletstorm was changed from UE3 to UE4 for the remaster.

Still, in the end, it's still a shame that it isn't coming to the Switch. Also looking at their Wiki page...Humble Bundle was their publisher for the console versions? Huh.

Edited by avalonknight
39 minutes ago, The Ultimate Mario Fan said:

Bah, their loss.  It looks overrated anyway. I'd rather boot up my N64 than play some ugly shiny "unreal engine 3" experiment that apes classic collectathons (DK64 apes them too but in a different way B] ).

This is a lukewarm take for a small independent developer who doesn't have the time or resources to port their game to a completely different engine just for a single console.  Get the fuck out with this pointlessly abrasive shit.

Edited by Astlyr
11 minutes ago, The Ultimate Mario Fan said:

Aww sorry, I didn't realize we weren't allowed to have opinions anymore.  But seriously, get off your high horse.  Indie-ness is no excuse for being sub-par.

Here's hoping the Switch gets more collectathons, and of better quality than this game.

Of course you’re allowed to have your own opinions. Just expect to hear back when you blow nonsense out your ass. It’s very unfair to call a labor of love that was received warmly sub-par, especially since it seems you haven’t played it. 

Though you seem bent on disliking it anyways so there’s no point in discussing this. 

26 minutes ago, The Ultimate Mario Fan said:

Aww sorry, I didn't realize we weren't allowed to have opinions anymore.  But seriously, get off your high horse.  Indie-ness is no excuse for being sub-par.

Here's hoping the Switch gets more collectathons, and of better quality than this game.

The game was in development for 5 years and started off with one person working on it and primarily got finished through volunteers across four countries forming a studio just to work on it.  Expecting a small-ass studio after all of that effort to port their game to the Switch when the Switch doesn't support the engine the entire game was developed on is entitled as fuck, especially when big developers and even Nintendo themselves often have to outsource games to different companies to port or rewrite engines to work on other consoles.

You can have opinions without sounding like an arrogant pillock.  And other people can pick apart your opinions if they think you're poorly informed and doing drive-by shitposting.

5 hours ago, The Ultimate Mario Fan said:

Not everyone can be Brian Provinciano though.

Just in case, Brian Provinciano is the developer of Retro City Rampage and Shakedown Miami. One of this biggest claim to fame is that he and his team developed/ported his first game, Retro City Rampage on X360, WiiWare, PS3, Windows PC, Vita, 3DS, Switch, Mac OSX, Linux, PSP, Mobile, and even DOS. Some of those platforms is just because he can. In a livestream when demoing Shakedown Miami on the Switch, I asked him if the 3DS version is N3DS only or for both, he gave us a story on how he wanted it to run 60FPS on the original 3DS that he basically rewrote the graphics renderer just so it can. Around 53:30 in the video for the question and answer, and more musings.

6 hours ago, Astlyr said:

The game was in development for 5 years and started off with one person working on it and primarily got finished through volunteers across four countries forming a studio just to work on it.  Expecting a small-ass studio after all of that effort to port their game to the Switch when the Switch doesn't support the engine the entire game was developed on is entitled as fuck, especially when big developers and even Nintendo themselves often have to outsource games to different companies to port or rewrite engines to work on other consoles.

You can have opinions without sounding like an arrogant pillock.  And other people can pick apart your opinions if they think you're poorly informed and doing drive-by shitposting.

Well, I see the two butthurts migrated over to this forum. If I made a "shitpost" then why are you replying to it?  Your complaining, thought-policing, and trolling was part of what caused such a ruckus at the last forum.  Anyway, I'll continue to say whatever I want whether it offends you or not.  "A Hat in Time" also seems to have the Undertale syndrome of a super-entitled fanbase.

Of course I haven't played it because it's not on any Nintendo systems.  I've seen plenty of videos though and it looks BORING and MEDIOCRE.  Learn to grow up -- people insult Mario games all the time and they can say whatever they want.  Move on.  I don't like A Hat in Time, my opinion is as legitimate as any, and I hope we get more games that actually FULFILL their promises of being good collectathons like Yooka-Laylee.

Oh yeah, and just in case anything I said offended you, /opinion.

Edited by The Ultimate Mario Fan
8 minutes ago, ace said:

There’s an old saying: “If everyone around you seems like an asshole, then you’re the asshole”. 

Not surprised to see you haven’t changed. 

So I guess you two count for "everyone" then?  Neither have you, neither have you. 

Have fun with your hive-mind.

Edited by The Ultimate Mario Fan