Pearl and Marina amiibo have been revealed!

6 hours ago, DLurkster said:

You bet they are, would they sell them any other way?

If they are $24.99 US then in Canada they will be $30+

Splatoon 2's equivalent of the Calie Marie 2 pack.

Honestly, even if I did like the re-colors and S2's first set, I have never really gotten into Splatoon2 enough to get the amiibos.  I did get a import purple squid though.... granted with that situation I had to get something and that was only something left amongst my choices.  I did kind of want to get the solo purple guy one from S1 wave 2.

Edited by purple_beard
1 minute ago, purple_beard said:

Splatoon 2's equivalent of the Calie Marie 2 pack.

Honestly, even if I did like the re-colors and S2's first set, I have never really gottten into Splatoon2 enough to get the amiibos.  I did ger a import purple squid though.... granted with that situation I had to get something and that was only something left amongst my choices.  I did kind of want to get the solo purple guy one from S1 wave 2.

I'm trying to remember, were there any re-colors for the Smash Mii amiibo? If so that is why I never bother with the re-colors for the original Splatoon amiibo. I was think of getting them, even though I knew they function the same as first release ones. Just wanted them for the sake of having them and in different colors. Of course comparing the functionality of the Smash amiibo to Splatoon is not equivalent feature wise but I base my decision to not get the recolor Splatoon amiibo on the Smash Mii amiibo re-color, if they had any. Apologize if they didn't because I don't why I never the re-colors if that wasn't the reason.

Along withe announcement of these amiibo, I'm getting the Splatoon 2 amiibo that release last summer soon, they were more hard to find then finding reasonable prices for. If search hard enough you can get not so bad prices on these, with exception going to the Splatoon 2 girl amiibo. Sometimes they go as high as $90+, that like paying for the Callie & Marie amiibo, if you don't look carefully. Ridiculous.

But I do recall the release of the Callie & Marie (in the works of getting them) the same timeframe as those re-color Splatoon amiibo and the those Kirby 3DS Triple Deluxe amiibo. Even though I do not own Meta Kinight Smash amiibo. I like the one in that series more, (btw those amiibo are hard to get, King Dedede, MK, Kirby and Waddle Dee. Commonly they are out of stock online and least of the time they are more expensive like either BotW Bokoblin, Callie & Marie or female Corrin. I have noticed least stocked amiibo or popular ones, the prices for those skyrocket, depending where on the popular spectrum they fall under) tho I own King Dedede and Kirby in Smash, I wouldn't mind getting those again for the Kirby series, if I can. Along with the Waddle Dee one.

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

I'm trying to remember, were there any re-colors for the Smash Mii amiibo? If so that is why I never bother with the re-colors for the original Splatoon amiibo. I was think of getting them, even though I knew they function the same as first release ones. Just wanted them for the sake of having them and in different colors. Of course comparing the functionality of the Smash amiibo to Splatoon is not equivalent feature wise but I base my decision to not get the recolor Splatoon amiibo on the Smash Mii amiibo re-color, if they had any. Apologize if they didn't because I don't why I never the re-colors if that wasn't the reason.

@ Mii Amiibos

One set with one style each: Female Gunner, Male Brawler, and Male Swordfighter

@ Splatoons

S1 W1  Blue Boy / Orange Girl / Green Squid = S1 W2 Purple Boy / Green Girl / Orange Squid

S2 W1 Green Boy / Coral Girl / Purple Squid I believe work the same as both S1 waves as far as I know.

I am going to assume that Callie / Marie will work equivalent to Pearl / Marina

2 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

@ Mii Amiibos

One set with one style each: Female Gunner, Male Brawler, and Male Swordfighter

@ Splatoons

S1 W1  Blue Boy / Orange Girl / Green Squid = S1 W2 Purple Boy / Green Girl / Orange Squid

S2 W1 Green Boy / Coral Girl / Purple Squid I believe work the same as both S1 waves as far as I know.

I am going to assume that Callie / Marie will work equivalent to Pearl / Marina

There were only one set of the Smash Mii amiibo, that makes sense then. I guess I just didn't want re-color Splatoon amiibo.

And yeah, Pearl and Marina will be the equivalent to Callie and Marie by pack, price and function in game and last of all rarity where they amiibo will skyrocket in price in 3 months time after release.

2 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

There were only one set of the Smash Mii amiibo, that makes sense then. I guess I just didn't want re-color Splatoon amiibo.

And yeah, Pearl and Marina will be the equivalent to Callie and Marie by pack, price and function in game and last of all rarity where they amiibo will skyrocket in price in 3 months time after release.

I mean, in Japan (and I think Europe) the Miis got sold separately, in North America they were the 3 pack only--but no different colorings or styles.

1 minute ago, purple_beard said:

I mean, in Japan (and I think Europe) the Miis got sold separately, in North America they were the 3 pack only--but no different colorings or styles.

Yeah, outside NA, in Japan and Europe they were sold separately like the sold the retro 3-pack in NA also separate over there but no different color variations. I don't know why I thought they were different color Smash Mii amiibo, that's a big leap to sold as a pack to separately. Oh well.

Nintendo is also releasing a Splatoon 2 Starter Edition that comes with a "Splategy" guide and stickers. Comes out March 16th (still no release date for the amiibo).

Nintendo News: Splatoon 2 Starter Edition Launches March 16; Pearl and Marina “Off the Hook” amiibo Coming Later This Year

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Fans who don’t yet own the Splatoon 2 game are in for a splat-acular treat. On March 16, the Splatoon 2 Starter Edition will launch in stores. The special bundle of the hit Nintendo Switch game includes the full game, a 100-page Splatoon 2 strategy guide to equip you with skills to climb the competitive ranks and two sheets of Splatoon stickers, all at a suggested retail price of only $59.99. That’s the same price as the stand-alone game, so this new Starter Edition adds even more value.

On March 16, the Splatoon 2 Starter Edition will launch in stores. (Photo: Business Wire)

On March 16, the Splatoon 2 Starter Edition will launch in stores. (Photo: Business Wire)

Splatoon 2 launched exclusively for Nintendo Switch last summer and, so far, has sold more than 4.9 million units worldwide. The action-filled game pits teams of Inklings against each other in a variety of fun and messy modes. Since launch, Nintendo has consistently rolled out new content for the game, including recurring fan-favorite competitions called Splatfests, a new battle mode, as well as new gear and stages, like the just-announced Dark Tetra Dualies weapon and basketball-arena-themed Goby Arena stage.

In addition to this amaz-ink news, Pearl and Marina, two of the most popular new characters in Splatoon 2, are getting their own amiibo figures. This talented duo forms the group “Off the Hook,” and has been burning up the Inkling music charts. Fans love them for their unique futuristic sound, but they’re also making quite the name for themselves as the broadcasters of Inkopolis News and Splatfest events! The amiibo figures will launch in stores exclusively as part of a 2-pack set later this year.

For more information about Splatoon 2, visit https://splatoon.nintendo.com/.