[RUMOR] Bandai Namco working on Metroid Prime 4?

UPDATE: Eurogamer is confirming that though multiple sources Bandai Namco (Singapore) is indeed working on Metroid Prime 4...

9 hours ago, Pichi said:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems very plausible to me. Nintendo has worked with Bandai Namco in the past, like on SSB4 and people loved that. Still, it makes me wonder what the hell Retro is working on since they aren't working on MP4 and we haven't seen anything from them since DKC: TF. Anyway...I guess we'll find out for sure who's working on MP4 at E3 this year. 

Yeah, Namco was the developer of Star Fox Assault, thought not sure which team handled it (Like was it the Ace Combat team?). Seeing the LinkedIn post about it being a first-person shooter/adventure exclusive for the Switch will raise some eyebrows. What else could it be? ...maybe Geist?

The weirder bit is the bulletpoint of Ridge Racer 8 being a Switch exclusive.  Not out of the question given each numbered entry was a system exclusive. (Which come to think of it, no titles on the XBox One nor PS4)

Nintendo should be overseeing Metroid Prime 4, so regardless of development team, I expect Metroid Prime 4 to look and feel like a Metroid Prime game in line with Retro Studios' Prime Trilogy. I don't see them letting anything less onto the Switch with how they've been handling releases. I'm looking forward to seeing some footage around E3, if not sooner.

• alienboyva changed the title to [RUMOR] Bandai Namco working on Metroid Prime 4? * CONFIRMED*
  • Chrom featured this topic

I have to agree with Chrom, only for the fact that isn't new with Eurogamer but when reveal of their reporting come out, it's half true.

Remember when they said Pokemon Stars was a thing?(I believe it was but GF decided to go with Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon) This is what I mean about these half truth, especially with Nintendo involved. Leaks from the them infamous now, so things are always changing so even if what Eurogamer is saying. It's probably true for the time being until we officially hear from Nintendo what is really up.

I just don't have a lot faith in Eurogamer and their rumors, they get close but never on the ball. And that's too many dropped balls for me to believe anything they say anymore in regards to Nintendo rumors, anyways.

As for Bandai Namco work on MP4, I like the games they make but I'm not a huge Metroid fan so I can't say either way if this is a good thing or bad thing and I'll leave it at that.

If anything I’m a bit more concerned whether Kensuke Tanabe wants MP4 to be another multiplayer driven game, at least after Federation Force, than what team is developing it, since he’s at the helm regardless...

Kinda stopped caring what Retro Studios would do next, even before last year’s E3. When ya keep people hanging this long, there’s bound to be some loss of interest after awhile, at least for me. Wouldn’t mind if it was another DKC though, at least that way it will have gotten a complete trilogy from Retro like Metroid did before it. It’s been quite awhile now since Tropical Freeze though :/ (the original release I mean, not the Switch remaster).

Edited by Ridley Prime

Speak of the devil...

https://shinesparkers.net/rumor-metroid-prime-4-could-have-online-multiplayer/

I guess I'd be fine with a "bigger budget MPH" or something for multiplayer, but hope the game focuses mainly on the story/single player at the end of the day. Ideally, I'd like MP4 to have no multiplayer whatsoever and save that for like another spinoff, but since Tanabe seems to be about pushing multiplayer out for Metroid to aim at a Halo type of crowd or something, I don't know.

MPH I could give a pass, but FF as a whole strayed too far from what people loved about Metroid, so I guess it depends on how online multiplayer would be done if it comes to that with MP4. Who knows, could also be something as afterthought as MP2’s split-screen versus was, but I doubt Tanabe would settle for something that small again.

Now more than ever, just need to see an initial trailer to solidify my feelings on MP4... even if the logo was enough to keep us sated last year.

Edited by Ridley Prime

My expectations are for Samus and Sylux to be the main featured characters in Prime 4 that could feasibly translate well to a multiplayer experience, as they both already have. My issue is that that is a small roster, and if online multiplayer is included, has the potential to be a step back from what was achieved over a decade ago in MPH. I think it would lean more towards how Prime 2's multiplayer felt overall and I would prefer that the focus just be on single player if that were the direction. It's not that MP2's multiplayer is necessarily bad, it's just too minimal for a notable release on a hot system. I think they should stick to the safe approach for Prime 4 by keeping online multiplayer excluded to avoid any association with a game like Federation Force which was received terribly. I personally though, if handled and expanded in MPH's direction, would love to see the inclusion. I think a MPH remake or sequel would offer more potential than how Prime 4 has been set up with Samus and Sylux. That would be the better release to push for online multiplayer.

Edited by IU