Mario movie confirmed - Illumination Entertainment partnership

Good thing Miyamoto is on board, so it's most likely not gonna be total crap. I just wonder if they'll get all the SMB voice actors? I'm sure they'll get Charles Martinet, but they could go with someone with a similar voice for Peach, Bowser, etc. It always puts huge smile one my face to hear Charles Martinet fully talk in his Mario and other SMB character voices. Though, an entire move with Charles Martinet taking in his SMB character voices might get annoying after a while. Also, I wonder if they could come up with plot that would fill an entire movie that's not just mostly filler. As you know, there really hasn't been much story in Mario games.

2 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Good thing Miyamoto is on board, so it's most likely not gonna be total crap. I just wonder if they'll get all the SMB voice actors? I'm sure they'll get Charles Martinet, but they could go with someone with a similar voice for Peach, Bowser, etc. It always puts huge smile one my face to hear Charles Martinet fully talk in his Mario and other SMB character voices. Though, an entire move with Charles Martinet taking in his SMB character voices might get annoying after a while. Also, I wonder if they could come up with plot that would fill an entire movie that's not just mostly filler. As you know, there really hasn't been much story in Mario games.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Miyamoto's a game designer, not a movie director.

Though I sure will hope that Luigi's the hot one again.

I don't necessarily get the concern for the studio when Mario as a series itself has never prominently featured voice acting or a plot that couldn't exist without 30 hours of meandering RPG writing and pacing.  I love Charles Martinet but the thought of Mario's energetic voice speaking in full sentences for 90 minutes sounds grating as Hell.  The stupid slapstick bullshit fun of what Illumination typically produces is right up their alley for something like Mario, don't act like the series' story or universe is somehow above anything more than family-friendly exaggerated dumb entertainment.

Edited by Astlyr
  • 2 weeks later...