Eliwood8

5a72ab3951747_KnackPSPlus.jpg.e8f5e34ec770ac22a2eef907f3c338d1.jpg

PS Plus Free Games for February 2018:

• Knack, PS4
  • RiME, PS4
  • Spelunker HD, PS3
  • Mugen Souls Z, PS3
  • Exiles End, PS Vita
  • Grand Kingdom, PS Vita (Also available on PS4)

I've been waiting for Knack to show up here. I've always been mildly interested in it but never enough to bother buying it, so this works out nicely for me. And RiME is a great indie game but yet again we get a free game right after I already played it on Switch. Grand Kingdom seems interesting—I do like me a good tactical RPG—and Mugen Souls Z might be worth booting up my PS3 for, though it'll probably just add to my backlog of RPGs. Overall an okay month in my opinion.

It's Knack, baybee! A mastapiece! 

Jokes and memes aside, I'd hestitate to call Knack a bad game. It's certainly not a good game, but it's problem is it's uninspired and bland, particularly the story. It's completely playable, it's just not a terribly fun experience. Which is a shame, because it could have been a great, kid-friendly platforming experience with high production values. And outside of Nintendo consoles, there aren't a lot of those.

I've heard the sequel is an improvement, and I might try that when it's cheaper. 

The one I'm most interested in on this list is RiME. I had looked into getting that on Switch, but heard about a number of performance issues. I don't know how it plays on the PS4, I guess I'll be finding out soon. Ish.