Ice Dragon Temple - N4A Chat Thread, Feb. 2018

Tyranogre

Just now, ace said:

If I had the time I would be.

Unfortunately my schedule has very little free time and I like to spend that on the illusion of a social life.

Understandable. gl with it either way
I've just been digging through anki and online resources and reading myself.
Not much progress after a few months, but I was pretty slow to start.

I took a year of Japanese in high school.  I can still tell the differences between hiragana, katakana, and kanji characters, but that's about all I remember.

Any other languages spoken on N4A?  I've been looking to brush up on my German recently.

3 hours ago, Chrom said:

I bought it soon as I saw that it was up. flower;

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I'm going to hope the PS4 ports make their way over there and buy those since I really don't want to give up my save data ;_;

Also, my cat pokes me for attentions (he's really shy) and his claws are hurting me as I type this. It's kinda of cute in its own painful endearing way. 

24 minutes ago, Zora said:

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I'm going to hope the PS4 ports make their way over there and buy those since I really don't want to give up my save data ;_;

Also, my cat pokes me for attentions (he's really shy) and his claws are hurting me as I type this. It's kinda of cute in its own painful endearing way. 

I personally suspect the PS4 versions of Cold Steel 1 and 2 may possibly get released overseas eventually, one way or another. Not really because of Xseed's inclination to get their hands on anything Trails, but moreso because I think I recall Falcom's president saying something to the effect of wanting to tap more into the market with the series, and I can't think of any particular reason why they wouldn't do it. They're virtually the exact same games as already released before and they sold well on PS3/Vita as far as I know.

1 minute ago, Chrom said:

I personally suspect the PS4 versions of Cold Steel 1 and 2 may possibly get released overseas eventually, one way or another. Not really because of Xseed's inclination to get their hands on anything Trails, but moreso because I think I recall Falcom's president saying something to the effect of wanting to tap more into the market with the series, and I can't think of any particular reason why they wouldn't do it. They're virtually the exact same games as already released before and they sold well on PS3/Vita as far as I know.

To the best of my knowledge, Falcom incorporated some quality of life changes XSEED added to the PC version (like turbo mode)--but no story content. So given the task is 'copy and paste xseed's translation and don't break anything,' I'm I'm like 99% they're coming. Cross-save is the feature I'm personally excited for, since falcom loves their NG+ content. 

I'm also curious if they're going to try for a switch port. NISA is making the Ys VIII port, which I'm pretty sure uses the same graphics engine as cold steel, so that door might be opened soon. I hope so, because I really want more people to try out this series.

Just now, Sir Grim Locksmith VIII said:

Ooh why are ye moving to Texas you sweet-and-salty fleshling?

boyfriend--and, the fact it's easier for me to go out there than for him to come here. Cheap rent helps, but given the fact wages are also lower I'm not sure how much cheaper it actually is.

That said, I expect it to be a temporary (i.e. year-long move) because lol texas.