M$ looking into buying EA?

I am really against conglomerates/mergers so I am really not for this.  Now let me set this straight, I FUCKING HATE EA.  The only EA games I have bought in recent years are the Mass Effect games and I tend to boycott them, but that has more to do with Bioware than EA.  EA has fucking destroyed Bioware and they are just a shadow of what they used to be.  That being said,  anyone who thinks M$ buying out EA is a great thing is delusional.  If M$ buys EA there are a few things you can bet on.  The first thing is that M$will have the power to dictate what games get released for PC/Xbox One (translation, if they want to make Mass Effect or Battlefront a M$ Xbox exclusive, they can). 

The second problem is gobbling up a huge company like EA makes it where you are limiting competition even further.  I think these sort of mergers need to be made illegal due to the harm it does on industry.  They can say it will help industry, but there are tons of studies that show it does the exact opposite.  It especially harms the consumer who is now limited to certain platforms, certain pricing models, and more often than not, the consumer gets the shit end of the stick.  It becomes all about that might fucking $.  I already hate EA enough,  M$ buys EA it just becomes a bigger nasty monster than it already is.

4 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

Ya know what? Forget EA. If MS had to buy something, I would want it be Activision so they would have the James Bond license for Goldeneye. Not having it part of Rare Replay still hurts. It’s stuck in copyright hell otherwise.

is there any reason you can't just play the original? would that version fix the awful lag or something?