Miitomo shutting down on May 9th

I'm sure most people don't use Miitomo anymore, but it will be shutting down on May 9th. I still use it every now and then and I hate to see it go, but I guess people really aren't using it any more. I really liked the Miifoto feature and how you could get different outfits for your mii, especially all the Nintendo themed ones. I hope the outfits comeback in some form on the Switch. I have my mii as my profile icon on Switch and I'd love if I could use all the outfits I collected in Miitomo on my mii. I know they let you use your Miitomo mii on your Nintendo Account, which shows up with the current outfit, on the My Nintendo website and other apps.Though, given how they will no longer show up on your Nintendo Account once the app is shutdown and how miis are buried in the settings app on Switch, it seems Nintendo wants to slowly get rid of miis. :( 

Notification of the end of Miitomo service

We would like to thank you all for enjoying Miitomo!

Miitomo will end its service at 12:00 AM (PDT) on 5/9/2018, and we want to thank you for your support since the Miitomo app's launch.

The sale of Miitomo coins ended on 1/24/2018.

Until the end of the Miitomo service on 5/9, we're offering daily login bonuses of Miitomo coins and game tickets so that users can continue to play Miitomo Drop and use other features such as the Miitomo shop.

Please see here for more information.

About the app after the end of service

• If you launch the app after the end of service on 5/9, you'll see a message informing you that service has ended. You will no longer be able to use any of the app's features.
  • You will no longer be able to see your answers or messages in the app.
  • You will no longer be able to use items you've obtained in the app, such as clothing items, wallpapers, or posters.
  • You can transfer your Mii™ character to your Nintendo Account by linking it to Miitomo. (Its personality and other information will not be carried over.)
  • Sidekick Mii characters will be deleted. You can keep Sidekick Mii characters by saving them as a QR Code® before the end of service on 5/9/2018 12:00 AM (PDT). They can then be transferred to Mii Maker on the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems or the Wii U™ console.
  • You will not be able to view Miifotos, including Miifotos you have shared to your social media channels. If you want to save any Miifotos, you must save them to your smart device before 5/9/2018 12:00 AM (PDT).
  • Miitomo- themed icons and clothing items used in your Nintendo Account or the Super Mario Run™ game will not display after the service has ended.

Link: https://miitomo.com/en/notifications/180125/

Edited by alienboyva
1 hour ago, Fuzzer1 said:

So the last tidbits from the Wii, those being the Mii avatars, are now being shown the door after a 12 year run?

Or could they still appear on the Switch later on?

Miis are already on Switch, just not as much in the limelight as they used to be because the Mii Maker feature is pretty hidden and very few games use them (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe comes to mind).

1 hour ago, Chrom said:

Miis are already on Switch, just not as much in the limelight as they used to be because the Mii Maker feature is pretty hidden and very few games use them (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe comes to mind).

Yeah, it makes me wonder if the only reason miis are even one Switch is, because of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? I have a feeling that future first party games aren't going to use miis in any form. Though, it would be nice if they updated the Mii Maker on Switch, so we can have outfits for our miis and earn special outfits from games we owned/played. I doubt that will ever happen. As I mentioned in the OP, it seems Nintendo wants miis to slowly die. I love the idea of miis and putting yourself into games. I'd really hate to see them go. :( 

Bottom line which I’ll stand by,

3 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

If they don’t incorporate the Miitomo content for Mii’s on the Switch, then they might as well kill off Mii’s altogether. Mii’s are shit now without the ability to give them costumes or pet props.

If Mii’s only exist now for the Wii/U game re-releases/ports, then that’s pretty sad considering. That’s no real future at all.

Miitomo was really fun the first couple of months, but then just became repetitive and boring, asking the same questions. Didn't care too much about all of the outfits after a while. I'm glad that we and Nintendo got something out of it. Sad to see it go, but I see it as a stepping stone for other apps and ideas.

I did notice that we are slowly starting to see Nintendo stray away from the Mii's. Though we can still use them on our avatars on the Switch. I guess we will see where they stand once Nintendo announces their full  online plans. I feel like they could be a part of that someway. And even if they aren't, we still have the 3DS full of Mii goodness!

• Chrom featured this topic

I liked the idea of Miitomo, but unfortunately, I still didn't have a smartphone when it released, and it was pretty barren by the time I got to it a year ago. 
Now I have one and don't even jump on the new stuff cause it's too distracting anyway :v

Edited by Pichi