[RUMOR] Nintendo revealing something Switch related on Thurs. via special video

Rumor has it that Nintendo is revealing something Switch related this Thurs. via a special video...

So, if this true, what could this be? 

My guess is that it will one if the two...

- A BIG firmware update (themes, web browser, etc).

- Full details on the paid online service for Switch (launch date, other features we don't already know, etc.)

Though, I would assume they would want to include this in a Direct and not a separate video. Well,  maybe for the full details on their paid online for Switch a separate video would be better.

Edited by alienboyva

Yeah, I've seen the is rumor but this last mini direct, i wouldn't say it left much to desire but I know something more is coming around the corner soon so I'll double down what AB said cause I was gonna say the same thing as well. Cause despite the direct showing, as much as I wanted VC, I want know more about the online services and where the heck was Fire Emblem Switch? (this is coming from someone who isn't the biggest FE fan too) Is the reason for this because this and that Yoshi game isn't releasing till a little later in the year like around or after E3 this year.

But if I had to lean on what video will focus on is firmware update so expect fake update news from a while back with dash of disappointment cause it isn't Nintendo till they take 2 steps forward and one step back, right?

I feel as much I want online news they are saving that for some reason for year anniversary of the Switch. I say weird because when the Switch launched, no direct highlighting the console, just a launch. I was shocked by this cause there was showcase of Wii U in September before it launched in November and in the coming weeks there were small like direct showing what the Wii U had offer. So they may or may not be direct for online news for Switch, with all the minimalistic news they have been doing Switch since it launch. I'm talking about the system not the games which had directs for so this is different.

17 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

You heard it here first, Smash 5 gets announced!

You want this badly then anyone else here. Like we want it too we just aren't as vocal as you. I'll wait as long as I can for whatever they announce with Smash.

An idea based on everything I've seen about this story.

Apparently Nintendo has talked a lot about offering new ways to play with Switch and appealing to casual audiences, and to me that makes me think they could eventually offer new peripherals that can interact with the console. For example, maybe there can be a new type of controller that can store data (like a pedometer or camera), and would be able to transfer that information back to the console when inserted. This could allow for new kinds of gameplay experiences only made possible by using things other than the regular Joy-Con controllers.

It's just a thought, but it would make a lot of sense to me for Nintendo to try to expand what kind of devices can communicate with the Switch. They have a long history of doing stuff like that already.

True, I just hope to those who thought Nintendo left those ideas behind don't shun them for this but I won't bash something we don't know exactly what they mean by 'new ways to play', at least when it comes to Switch so far. And even if I don't like the premise as long as it doesn't isolate the audiences and is successful, they can make all the new ways to play, all they want.

6 minutes ago, Chrom said:

Apparently Nintendo has talked a lot about offering new ways to play with Switch and appealing to casual audiences, and to me that makes me think they could eventually offer new peripherals that can interact with the console. For example, maybe there can be a new type of controller that can store data (like a pedometer or camera), and would be able to transfer that information back to the console when inserted. This could allow for new kinds of gameplay experiences only made possible by using things other than the regular Joy-Con controllers.

It's just a thought, but it would make a lot of sense to me for Nintendo to try to expand what kind of devices can communicate with the Switch. They have a long history of doing stuff like that already.

I do and don't follow you on this...

NEW JCs that have a pedometer built in?

NEW JC with a real camera for real shots like the one on the 3DS?

IN those scenarios or say a Balance Board redux, I don't see it, as doing so would go against the coop anywhere and pop out of dock and go gameplay.  I doubt too many people would want a JC in their pants to work as a pedometer.

Now, on the other hand, the custom JC sceen could get MASSIVE if Nintendo somehow figures out how to NES, SNES, N64, and GC molded JCs to "better" play those kinds of titles for the Switch.  And that could mean them being made table AND grip friendly.

21 hours ago, Chrom said:

Switch Vitality Sensor