Thinking of selling system

WING-X

4 minutes ago, Bowser81889 said:

Besides eBay, the only other place I can think of is Facebook Marketplace.  My sisters have sold some stuff of their own using it.  Or if you have a smartphone, you could use the LetGo app.  My aunt's had some success using it.

I never heard about facebook marketplace since I only use facebook once in awhile  ,but that's about it. Would try letgo ,but don't have a phone "sigh". Thanks again for the info.

If you try to sell the system through a local newspaper, be careful. I tried that once with a spare PS2 and a person tried to scam me with a cashier's check offer (via text message). Ended up not selling it.

Edited by Doc Brown

I wouldn't go through Gamestop, of all places. I don't know their actual policy, but I don't trust them to pay anywhere near what it's worth on trade-ins- especially on consoles- and besides I think they only give you store credit. If that's okay with you, go for it, but I have to echo Craigslist. 

12 hours ago, Laclipsey said:

I wouldn't go through Gamestop, of all places. I don't know their actual policy, but I don't trust them to pay anywhere near what it's worth on trade-ins- especially on consoles- and besides I think they only give you store credit. If that's okay with you, go for it, but I have to echo Craigslist. 

I agree that gamestop doen't give that much credit for console stuff and other stuff ,but the one  close to my house the people are pretty much nice and they kind of know me already since I shope there somtimes. As for craiglist my younger brother told me it's okay ,but told he that people would bother me all the time if I put my email up for the item. Thanks for the tip  :) .

Edited by WING-X
34 minutes ago, WING-X said:

I agree that gamestop doen't give that much credit for console stuff and other stuff ,but the one  close to my house the people are pretty much nice and they kind of know me already since I shope there somtimes. As for craiglist my younger brother told me it's okay ,but told he that people would bother me all the time if I put my email up for the item. Thanks for the tip  :) .

That's why you use a throwaway email specifically made for craigslist

I never get rid of consoles anymore. I still have my original N64 and Sega Genesis. Outside of room issues I couldn't see any real reason to get rid of a console. I have room issues (800 square foot apartment) and I have my NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Dreamcast, GameCube, Wii U, Switch, and PS4 hooked up to the same TV. I stopped selling consoles years ago once I realized that there would always be a yearning to return to some of the games on my consoles (call it nostalgia or whatever). If you really want to sell it I would only recommend eBay or Craiglist for a fair profit.

19 minutes ago, Irondog666 said:

I never get rid of consoles anymore. I still have my original N64 and Sega Genesis. Outside of room issues I couldn't see any real reason to get rid of a console. I have room issues (800 square foot apartment) and I have my NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Dreamcast, GameCube, Wii U, Switch, and PS4 hooked up to the same TV. I stopped selling consoles years ago once I realized that there would always be a yearning to return to some of the games on my consoles (call it nostalgia or whatever). If you really want to sell it I would only recommend eBay or Craiglist for a fair profit.

Thanks for the tip :)   I have some old systems too ,but want to get games for my switch since I rarely play my xbox 360.

Edited by WING-X
  • 3 weeks later...
On 01/12/18 at 9:38 PM, WING-X said:

I never heard about facebook marketplace since I only use facebook once in awhile  ,but that's about it. Would try letgo ,but don't have a phone "sigh". Thanks again for the info.

Don't blame you. I have a FB and even I didn't hear of it until my sister's boyfriend told me about it. And don't worry, I don't have a smartphone capable of downloading apps like LetGo either. If you had a tablet, you probably could...or you could ask a close family member or friend to ask if they'd consider letting you use their phone for that kind of thing. But you're probably better off just finding a method you can personally access yourself, if you're still trying to sell it. Either way, no problem and hope it goes well for ya.

Edited by Bowser81889
  • 3 weeks later...