Nintendo files a trademark for 1080°

Nintendo has filed a trademark for 1080°. Could we see a new 1080° game on Switch?

Well, if your going to make a new 1080, then why not do a new Wave Race as well? Anyway, 1080 on the N64 was great, but 1080 Avalanche on the GCN is where it's at! That thing is awesome, especially the music. I'm surprised that a first party game has licensed music, let alone some kick-ass bands. I love Avalanche's style ....And that intro video when you first boot the game....

Aww FUCK yeah!!!!

15 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Never did much with 1080 but I'd be up for some Wave Race to come back.  I'm still surprised that with the Wii (and the Balance Board)  they never did a motion control version.  I also think some online racing from either would be great.

The Wii brand was the death or graveyard for a lot of those niche IP's, even though some like Wave Race could've been taken advantage of with the hardware as pointed out... I played the hell out of the first Wave Race on the 64 but didn't really get to play Blue Storm for Gamecube.

1080 I didn't play that much either, but with it here now, maybe there is hope for some of Nintendo's old racing series (that isn't Mario Kart) after all...

16 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

The Wii brand was the death or graveyard for a lot of those niche IP's, even though some like Wave Race could've been taken advantage of with the hardware as pointed out... I played the hell out of the first Wave Race on the 64 but didn't really get to play Blue Storm for Gamecube.

1080 I didn't play that much either, but with it here now, maybe there is hope for some of Nintendo's old racing series (that isn't Mario Kart) after all...

I liked Blue Storm a little more but I could NEVER beat that later level... like Italy or whatever wit the canals and what not....

WR 64 and WRBS were some legit racing games though....  and graphically, with their water physics were top notch.

12 hours ago, alienboyva said:

...and don't forget my boi Ricky Winterborn. :)  Plz don't bring back the kid version from Wave Race: Blue Storm. >_<

Avalanche had a really cool style with their character art.  But yeah, lil Winterborn was kinda odd in Blue Storm.

For a while I was kind thinking 1080 and Wave Race would be like a partner sort of series since there are a few characters that show up in both.  At one point I'm pretty sure 1080 Avalanche was initially supposed to be title White Storm which kind of hinted at Nintendo having those two series going forward together as a sort of extreme sports kind of branding.