Rumour Mill: Nintendo's Norweigan site confirming Prime 4 for 2018?

Basically the following message is showing up on the website in question:

image.png.c251ebc95bd4c82dd19026138ba93e2a.png

Which, when translated comes to:

"The year 2017 has definitely been Nintendo’s year and we are looking forward to 2018, which will include new games like Bayonetta 3 , Metroid Prime 4 and Kirby: Star Allies as well as many other games that we will reveal during the year."

With the Amazon listing of 18 Switch titles from "recent Nintendo Event" and further rumours of a Nintendo Direct  on Jan. 11; this one could have some merit behind it.

I don't think it's impossible to see the release of Prime 4 in 2018, but I do think 2019 is more likely. We don't know who is working on the game, their talent and how much support and priority Nintendo themselves are giving the game. If it's high priority, I could see it. Even with the response at E3 and the success of MSR, I don't think it'll have that kind of push. I think the main series Pokémon game will get that treatment instead.

7 hours ago, IU said:

I don't think it's impossible to see the release of Prime 4 in 2018, but I do think 2019 is more likely. We don't know who is working on the game, their talent and how much support and priority Nintendo themselves are giving the game. If it's high priority, I could see it. Even with the response at E3 and the success of MSR, I don't think it'll have that kind of push. I think the main series Pokémon game will get that treatment instead.

I'm not even sure of that for Pokemon. They stated last E3 that they just started development for Pokemon on Switch. I feel like that one we won't see until 2019. But I may be totally wrong. I agree with Prime 4 either being this year or next year. 

12 hours ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

I'm not even sure of that for Pokemon. They stated last E3 that they just started development for Pokemon on Switch. I feel like that one we won't see until 2019. But I may be totally wrong. I agree with Prime 4 either being this year or next year. 

I'm thinking that the first Pokémon game on the Switch will be a remake of either D/P or of Red and Blue/Green, where they already have a framework for the project as opposed to coming out with the next generation. The company's restructuring and having that remake prioritized could get the Pokémon game out quicker than expected. If they're going for Generation 8 though, I would agree with you about 2019. Either way, each game was announced as in development at E3, so I think Nintendo would have to concentrate on one or the other to get one out this year. I think the road for a Pokémon game on the Switch is less demanding than making the next mainline Prime game.

Who knows though. I was shocked by what Nintendo was able to accomplish on their end in 2017, so I wouldn't exactly put anything beyond them regarding the Switch just yet.

On 1/6/2018 at 12:22 PM, IU said:

I'm thinking that the first Pokémon game on the Switch will be a remake of either D/P or of Red and Blue/Green, where they already have a framework for the project as opposed to coming out with the next generation. The company's restructuring and having that remake prioritized could get the Pokémon game out quicker than expected. If they're going for Generation 8 though, I would agree with you about 2019. Either way, each game was announced as in development at E3, so I think Nintendo would have to concentrate on one or the other to get one out this year. I think the road for a Pokémon game on the Switch is less demanding than making the next mainline Prime game.

Who knows though. I was shocked by what Nintendo was able to accomplish on their end in 2017, so I wouldn't exactly put anything beyond them regarding the Switch just yet.

There's so many ways to do it. I think if they have enough room, make multiple regions, including Kanto and just make it a huge game. I wouldn't make it compatible with the 3DS games as far as trading because I would like that fresh start. We really don't need a Gen 8. There are so many Pokemon to choose from.