Amazon puts up placeholders for 18 Switch games

Amazon has put up placeholders for 18 Switch games (I think there were 30 at one pint) with the image "Just announced at the Nintendo Switch Event. Box art coming soon". These listings have since been removed.

Damn it, Nintendo! Just announce the Jan. Nintendo Direct already. We all know it's coming. I'm pretty sure Amazon knows something, because they took these down pretty quick. That Jan. ND is looking to be jam-packed. :) 

Edited by alienboyva
18 minutes ago, Fuzzer1 said:

What Nintendo Switch Event are they talking about?

Based on the now 1-2 month old EA rumor about a marketing event in January...

I bet Yoshi and Kirby will be two of those.  And I bet late February or March for release dates.

Edited by purple_beard
26 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

I bet Yoshi and Kirby will be two of those.  And I bet late February or March for release dates.

For what it's worth, Yoshi and Kirby, as well as games like Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3, all are already listed on Amazon.

It's tentative stuff, what with December release dates and no boxart, but they're technically already listed and can be pre-ordered, it seems.

47 minutes ago, purple_beard said:
52 minutes ago, Fuzzer1 said:

What Nintendo Switch Event are they talking about?

Based on the now 1-2 month old EA rumor about a marketing event in January...

Most likely that image is just something they had leftover from the Switch Event last Jan. Just my guess.

Edited by alienboyva

I hope the rurmored Direct happens next week. We need some release dates and surprises. The lineup for the first 6 months of 2018 looks pretty bare.

Bayonetta 1 and 2 are a nice surprise for February, but they are still ports. We need something new.

Of course, I'm barely getting started with Xenoblade 2 and Fire Emblem Warriors, and I still need to finish the Zelda DLC...so I really don't need to buy more games right now.