The Old Tower - N4A Chat Thread, January 2018

Chrom

Just now, Astlyr said:

i can't even take care of myself, let alone a child y;

he'd be dressed in potato sacks eating hot dogs and garlic bread every day

that's still better than like, 3/5 of the planet

On 1/14/2018 at 12:07 PM, Ephraim said:

@fuzz I forget, did you get to attend pre-release?

I did!! I was about to ask you the same. I played yesterday, and it went.. okay.. I think I need to play more sealed deck. It's been a while since I've really been on the limited grind. I went 1-3, played a very very low curve W/B deck with my finishers being Mausoleum Harpies and a Champion of Dusk, most of my deck being 2 drops lol. I think it was a decent deck, but if I didn't swarm the board in the early game to really press that early advantage, it didn't go well for me lol. Back to the drawing board, probably gonna practice a bit on xmage to gear up for a release draft. Hopefully Modern tomorrow will go better! What about you?

On 1/13/2018 at 9:02 AM, ace said:

I did not. I only saw Kirby’s Dream Band and the Sonic Adventure guys 

Ahh gotcha, was just curious because they're a fave of mine and I knew they were playing at some point that weekend.

1 hour ago, fuzz said:

I did!! I was about to ask you the same. I played yesterday, and it went.. okay.. I think I need to play more sealed deck. It's been a while since I've really been on the limited grind. I went 1-3, played a very very low curve W/B deck with my finishers being Mausoleum Harpies and a Champion of Dusk, most of my deck being 2 drops lol. I think it was a decent deck, but if I didn't swarm the board in the early game to really press that early advantage, it didn't go well for me lol. Back to the drawing board, probably gonna practice a bit on xmage to gear up for a release draft. Hopefully Modern tomorrow will go better! What about you?

Oh man, there are folks on here that play MtG?? Where have I been? You guys should help me playtest my custom Zelda set! (Jk it is terrible and I am terrible and also it's really hard to find art for things)

Edited by subrosian
8 hours ago, subrosian said:

Oh man, there are folks on here that play MtG?? Where have I been? You guys should help me playtest my custom Zelda set! (Jk it is terrible and I am terrible and also it's really hard to find art for things)

One of us! There's a few of us, me and @Ephraim tend to post back and forth about our weekly tournament goings, but I know @Gold plays EDH and I feel like a few others as well that I'm forgetting at the moment.