Nintendo Download: Happy Holidays!

Chrom

This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Fire Emblem Heroes Events:

• Special Heroes: Winter’s Envoy – Some Special Heroes in wintry outfits are here to bring a splash of color to these winter days. These Special Heroes are part of a Special Heroes summoning event in the 5 ★ Focus. For new summoning events, the first time you summon, you won’t have to use Orbs! But that’s not all … these Special Heroes also appear in the new Paralogue, Winter’s Envoy, and there are some related limited-time special quests as well! This event lasts until 10:59 p.m. PT on Dec. 31.
  • Daily Special Maps – Look for Special Maps to be added daily for 11 straight days starting at 11 p.m. PT on Dec. 23! The first time you clear each of these maps, whether on Normal or Hard mode, you can receive one Orb. Clear the Daily Special Maps and earn Orbs daily! This event runs from 11 p.m. PT on Dec. 23 until 11 p.m. PT on Jan. 2. Note: Each map will be available for one week.

Activities:

And for even more Pokémon style, redeem your points for a Pokémon: Pikachu & Poké Ball Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu theme.

• Style Savvy: Styling Star My Nintendo Rewards – The Style Savvy: Styling Star game launches on Dec. 25 for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. My Nintendo is celebrating in style with wallpaper inspired by the game. Plus, don’t forget to try the free demo for Style Savvy: Styling Star, now available for download in Nintendo eShop.
  • Nintendo 3DS My Nintendo Rewards – Resolve to take your gaming up a notch in 2018! To get you started, My Nintendo is offering new reward discounts on challenging Nintendo 3DS games that’ll give your gaming skills a workout. Redeem your points for these discounts today:
    • Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past (Nintendo 3DS) – 30 percent off (Available Dec. 22)
    • EarthBound (Nintendo 3DS / Wii U) – 50 percent off (Available Dec. 22)
    • Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. (Nintendo 3DS) – 30 percent off (Available Dec. 22)
    • Metroid Prime: Federation Force (Nintendo 3DS) – 30 percent off (Available Dec. 22)
    • Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword (Nintendo 3DS) – 30 percent off (Available Dec. 22)

With your My Nintendo points, you can also ring in the new year with a January 2018 calendar featuring the Master Cycle Zero from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game. And don’t forget to update your Nintendo 3DS system with The Legend of Zelda: A New Adventure HOME Menu Theme.
Looking for more intense games? Check out the Games for Gamers lineup on the Game Store.
Not a member yet? Visit http://my.nintendo.com.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Also new this week:

4 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Where did you notice that?

And that would be really odd that we don't' get it the same day as the other two regions.

VS. Super Mario Bros. hasn't released in North America so the only way anyone in the region would be able to play it right now would be by changing the country of their Nintendo Account, which lets you buy the game off the eShop store that matches it. This is what GameXplain does when this kind of situation happens and it's easy for anyone to do if they're interested.

1 hour ago, Chrom said:

VS. Super Mario Bros. hasn't released in North America so the only way anyone in the region would be able to play it right now would be by changing the country of their Nintendo Account, which lets you buy the game off the eShop store that matches it. This is what GameXplain does when this kind of situation happens and it's easy for anyone to do if they're interested.

Well, usually they start their video saying they got this from so and so if its not a NA release or a early review copy so....

But yeah, making alt country accounts to get some games early isn't hard but isn't easy...

I thought I was going crazy, even tho I was not logged in, I lurked the forum and saw this thread had no posts and to my surprise there's 10 posts here. I thought maybe 'I just missed post here during the day'.  'Oh the posts were made in the last hour and none other than PB, all make sense now'.

On topic, I thought Mario vs game came out a while back because wasn't that shown in the September direct? Also, if this game is not NA and Gamexplain is playing, the obvious conclusion is that they're play the Europe, which is not hard to do as Chrom mentions. I have one too so I can play demos that are not out in NA like Max: The Curse of the Brotherhood is only available in Europe and not NA.

2 hours ago, DLurkster said:

I thought I was going crazy, even tho I was not logged in, I lurked the forum and saw this thread had no posts and to my surprise there's 10 posts here. I thought maybe 'I just missed post here during the day'.  'Oh the posts were made in the last hour and none other than PB, all make sense now'.

On topic, I thought Mario vs game came out a while back because wasn't that shown in the September direct? Also, if this game is not NA and Gamexplain is playing, the obvious conclusion is that they're play the Europe, which is not hard to do as Chrom mentions. I have one too so I can play demos that are not out in NA like Max: The Curse of the Brotherhood is only available in Europe and not NA.

Mario Bros. Arcade came out last month.  Super Mario Vs. was "supposed" to be this week for NA but I guess not.

Just now, Dancing Mog said:

Someone on Gamefaqs mentioned Nintendoeverything posted it would be launching on the 22nd but weird that it wasn't in the list of new releases for this week.

So you have SEEN it on the eShop?  Because I had posted articles about it supposedly releasing on the 22nd because it was in Japan et. all.  But that is very curious that if it did it wouldn't be in the release.