Nintendo Switch: 10 million units sold worldwide

Chrom

Nintendo just posted this and I thought this was worth sharing. Pretty great milestone for them all things considered.

I personally waited until the games I really wanted to play came out later in the year to get my own system, and I imagine that's the case for many others too.

• Chrom changed the title to Nintendo Switch: 10 million units sold worldwide

Wow, congrats Nintendo. You almost sold a million consoles a month and you top the NPD a few months this year.  And your just little over 3 million more consoles and you will have surpass the Nintendo Wii U in overall install base in 4-5 years it took to get that amount!!!

Good job Nintendo.lhappy;

EDIT: Yeah, that's what I did Chrom. Got my Switch during Black Friday. I assume you got your during the summer or something, Chrom.

Edited by DLurkster
2 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Wow, congrats Nintendo. You almost sold a million consoles a month and you top the NPD a few months this year.  And your just little over 3 million more consoles and you will have surpass the Nintendo Wii U in overall install base in 4-5 years it took to get that amount!!!

Good job Nintendo.lhappy;

EDIT: Yeah, that's what I did Chrom. Got my Switch during Black Friday. I assume you got your during the summer or something, Chrom.

Oh no, I actually waited a little bit later than that. Two of my most wanted games for it, FE Warriors and Mario Odyssey, came out near the same time, so I picked one up right around then to play them as soon as they dropped. I've highly enjoyed both so far, so I think it's already been worth it to me. I'm glad I waited.

I plan to get FE warriors and SMO in the new year. My plan is to get most of the online game before this year end, to try out the online before I pay. I heard the online for Switch besides the app is little bit better. The only game I have for Switch is BotW, (I had for Wii U ) I got the DLC for this version and though I'm like half-way divine beast wise on master mode, I have yet to play the part 2 of this DLC yet.

But yeah, the wait was worth it. It's just all the game to choose and play from can be overwhelming in a good way. This is a good problem for a first year console to have.

It took a competent system to do this.  It took "killer apps" to do this.

I think they only thing that can slow the switch down is what happens when the next gen(s) tegra processor his a magical price threshold to where the Switch can be more powerful at the same price.  Do they release a new system like they do with the portables?

Also, back to my other point about the software...  IN ONE YEAR you have Splatoon, Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, and Xenoblade...  what other year have they put out that many top titles in one year?   Next year Kirby and Yoshi are confirmed but the elephant in the room is Smash DLX or 5 for paid online and then how soon does Super Mario Maker 2 arrive?

Pretty impressive its doing the same pace as PS4.

I got mine at launch since Zelda and Bomber Man was enticing. I got to say Nintendo really did have a great first year so far. I haven't even pick up Pokken and Fire Emblem Warrirors yet and I still got Bayonetta to wrap up this year unless more stuff comes out before March.

Damn it NOA, they're called Spiny Shells. Nah, it's okay though, Imma totally throw some blue shells at Ganondorf Dragmire and Douglas Jay Falcon. Can we stick to the cannon names please, or at least throw in some quotes since you're using fan names. Some of us are suffering from severe mental disorders care about this stuff. theydonothing;

Anyways, that's awesome to hear. Glad to see them enjoying some success for doing some truly good work.

Edited by Marxforever

Good for Nintendo. The Switch is a great piece of hardware but more importantly they've delivered some outstanding software in just nine months. I'm really looking forward to what they'll do next year if/when they maintain this momentum.

I was on the fence about getting a Switch right away, mostly because of what happened with the Wii U, but after getting some hands-on time at that Club Nintendo preview event they did I was right there waiting in line for the midnight launch.

• 2 weeks later...