User Name colors?

I've been wondering about this for about a week now. I thought that the user name colors might have been a locked feature that could only be accessed after a certain amount of posts, but I see that Mystery Ninja already has a different color beyond the default gray and has just a few posts. I was wondering how would one change their user name color? Is it a setting option somewhere and I'm just missing it, or is the color done on request?

You may request for your display name to be in a different color to any administrator by giving them a particular name or hex code of the color you want and we can change it for you whenever at no cost. If you have anything in mind, you can let me know right away what you'd like and I can change your display name color for you.

This is just something for the interim. There should eventually be a way for members to change their display name colors without consulting a staff member to do it for them.

Hey Chrom, I know it's temporary, but I think it might be good to put a mention about this in one of those 4 "Getting Started on Ninfora" threads, or else in a new F.A.Q. thread in this area. It might help reduce how much this question is asked. Or even just a thread called "Changing Your Name Color."

Edited by Lucina
21 minutes ago, Lucina said:

Hey Chrom, I think you might need to put a mention about this in one of those 4 "Getting Started on Ninfora" threads, or else in a new F.A.Q. thread in this area. It might help reduce how much this question is asked. Or even just a thread called "Changing Your Name Color."

While I understand the benefits of doing that, I have elected not to do so because I do not wish to be any more complacent to the fact that we still don't allow our members to change their display name colors on their own after almost two weeks since this site has launched. I also do not wish to provide information on how to use the site that may soon be obsolete and as a result mislead or confuse our members on how they are supposed to change their display name colors.

If @Kodiack and/or @CCH can make this happen sooner rather than later, that would be ideal. Until then, I have zero issues with fulfilling display name color change requests in the interim because I enjoy helping people and encourage others to be proactive and ask questions to things they don't know about.

3 hours ago, Chrom said:

While I understand the benefits of doing that, I have elected not to do so because I do not wish to be any more complacent to the fact that we still don't allow our members to change their display name colors on their own after almost two weeks since this site has launched. I also do not wish to provide information on how to use the site that may soon be obsolete and as a result mislead or confuse our members on how they are supposed to change their display name colors.

If @Kodiack and/or @CCH can make this happen sooner rather than later, that would be ideal. Until then, I have zero issues with fulfilling display name color change requests in the interim because I enjoy helping people and encourage others to be proactive and ask questions to things they don't know about.

Well, I wasn't suggesting anything permanent, I figure it'd be just "put up a quick line about it", then when it's no longer relevant, delete the thread or the line, wherever it was.

And I definitely wasn't trying to say anyone's bothered by doing the manual name color changes or anything. It was just a suggestion for making some members who might catch such a notice less confused until color changes can be done by members. As for how effective it'd actually be, I admit it could be totally negligible or non-existent. I understand. <3 Thanks for explaining your thought process about it.

Edited by Lucina
27 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

I have been told I could be purple for purple_beard.  I like the idea...  change it!  I guess it could be the purple closest to my avatar color.

I don't how to break this to you, Purple beard... But your avatar isn't purple at all, it's actually Blue-Violet, and your Signature is indigo! matty;

Edited by Marxforever