Soul Calibur 6

On 12/29/2017 at 7:12 PM, WING-X said:

Since we are talking about soul caliber who is your main?  I used siegfried in the games ,but didn't use him that much in 5 since I didn't like his move set.

I always mained Kilik/Seung Mina, though I also liked to play Taki and Yoshimitsu. That's why SCV hit me so hard, since Kilik had neither his moveset nor his personality, and Mina and Taki were completely absent. And even though I love him, I won't pretend I'm any good at playing Yoshimitsu. :P

On 12/29/2017 at 8:57 PM, Ridley Prime said:

Far as guests go, Link returning would be kinda redundant, so I can get behind an FE character far as Nintendo goes.

Far as PlayStation, I’d like 2B from Nier Automata, but that’s probably a long shot... For Xbox, Arbiter with energy sword or something would be obvious, though would prefer any Killer Instinct character that’s renowned for using a weapon as an alternative.

If Star Wars ever came back to see SC, could see like Rey or Kylo Ren, but probably nothing would top Vader for me as far as that.

Assassin Creed’s Ezio was generic and didn’t stick out that much in SC5 IMO, but am happy to anticipate 6 more regardless of what guests it happens to have.

Oh, dude. I didn't even think about Nier. I don't think it makes much sense for androids to exist in SC, but the weirdest crossover has already happened with Star Wars, so If we're talking console exclusives, I'd say Nier is a fantastic pick. 

On 12/29/2017 at 8:12 PM, WING-X said:

Since we are talking about soul caliber who is your main?  I used siegfried in the games ,but didn't use him that much in 5 since I didn't like his move set.

In 5, which despite it's lack of popularity was probably the one I played the most/most competitively since it's online was actually pretty good I gained Algol. His return is up in the air at best. As much as I like him I'll survive if he doesn't come back, in IV I mained Seigfried and played him a lot in V as well. If Algol doesn't show up in VI Seigfried will likely be who I got with. I played Cervantes a decent amount in IV as well though and depending on how they play in VI I could see myself debating between those two. Assuming they both return that is, based on both being in the original Soul Calibur and both very iconic characters to the series I doubt they'd be removed though. 

I haven't played a Soul Calibur since the Gamecube (I think it was II?) so I'm a bit on the fence about whether or not I'll be interested in this. If it comes out on the Switch and has Link again I'll totally get it but otherwise I'll probably pass. Never been too huge on the 2Dish fighters outside of Smash.

Soul Calibur is a 3D fighter, get your facts straight. :P 

Regarding mains, I don’t think I have one particular character or two. With IV, the last one I played extensively, I leveled up and used and/or customized pretty much everyone quite extensively. Since he’s not mentioned much, I will say I became partial to Algol too once I got accustomed to his playstyle. Liked his general design better in IV though than the female fanservice he was in V. Can say I usually prefer Nightmare over Seigfried too, but since Nightmare’s overused in general, it can go either way.

Other than that, will be happy to see Cervantes, Taki, Xianghua, and the like again. Not sure who I’d even start with yet tbh.

• 3 weeks later...

Nightmare looks great, happy to see the old school Soul Edge look this time. He also looks very similar to his IV and V version as far as his gameplay goes, makes me pretty sure Seigfried will be back as well and a separate character. New character is kind of "edgelordy" but still seems pretty cool. 

Hmm, interesting to see "evil Kilik". I wonder if that's just part of a super move, an in-match transformation (ala Kazuya to Devil Kazuya in the more recent Tekken games) or if he'll be a separate playable character from Kilik.

I also like the look of Nightmare and agree that given his moveset looks similar to the past couple of games, which made him distinct from Siegfried and the prior incarnations of Nightmare that Siegfried will most likely be a separate playable character as per usual. That's fine cuz I've enjoyed playing as both characters especially since they separated their styles.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeeep. Already was able to pre-order this for PS4 by the way. Have all the current platforms, but kinda preferred SC6 on that, though if it gets later ported to the Switch after enough demand and stuff, I could consider having it on there too someday. Version exclusive characters have been rumored again, tho taking it with a grain of salt right now.

2 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

Yeeep. Already was able to pre-order this for PS4 by the way. Have all the current platforms, but kinda preferred SC6 on that, though if it gets later ported to the Switch after enough demand and stuff, I could consider having it on there too someday. Version exclusive characters have been rumored again, tho taking it with a grain of salt right now.

Since you said something about it, I've been really pulling for one of the androids from Nier Automata. I blame you for this, Ridley. :P