Soul Calibur 6

21 hours ago, Igneous42 said:

I haven't played the Witcher series (yet) but one my best friends is really into it and keeps telling me to play. Geralt being in would probably get him to play a bit even though he's not typically big on fighters. 

Same here, don't really know anybody that plays the witcher series.

• 1 month later...

A little late on this one, which is funny because this is the one I'll likely care about most. Really happy with how he looks. His design isn't too outrageous (Soul Calibur IV...) but still has the cool Paladin look and is a bit fancier than his V outfit. His gameplay looks pretty similar to his III-V versions which is exactly what I wanted. The parry thing he does at :32 also looks really interesting, curious to see how exactly it works. Overall really excited and pumped about Seigfried being back, and short of falling in love with a new character or maybe getting Algol back (which I'm not expecting) he's probably gonna be my main. 

• 2 weeks later...

Taki has always been one of my favorites. Cervantes is really the last remaining character I personally really want to see. I do think the game would feel empty without Staples like Cervantes, Astaroth, Yoshimitsu and even Tira, but as far as the characters I play I'm pretty content with Sophitia, Seigfried and Taki 

I'm really happy to see Taki back. Looks like she's picked up some new powers, too. She was one of the characters I played most, and even with her style still present in V, Natsu really couldn't fill her shoes. 

Not that this is the most astute prediction ever, but I expect we'll get a release date at E3. Maybe a few new character reveals, too. We're still waiting on the likes of Yoshimitsu, Cervantes, Astaroth, and Seung Mina. If I had to guess, this feels like a Fall release to me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks way better than his Tekken 7 variant. One of his better looks IMO. Seems like one by one all the favorites are coming back. I'm actually to the point where I'd be interested to see a new character or two. Though I would still really like to see Cervantes  before I'm completely content myself, but have no reason to believe he wouldn't be included. 

Edited by Igneous42
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I forgot to post it, too. I hear they're changing Mina a little bit to further differentiate her from Kilik, and you can see she's got some new moves in her trailer. I'm really happy about that. Everyone I play is finally in. Anyone else they announce is icing on the cake. XD Though I don't think they've talked about any new characters except for Groh and Gerralt, have they? Maybe we can expect some more new reveals between now and November.

Tira as DLC is kind of weird. I might have expected them to do that with Lizardman or Rock, but Tira is a puzzling choice. 

Edited by Laclipsey
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

An open beta is out for the game now, but don’t like the fact it’s online ranked match only. No training/tutorial mode or anything, inviting friends, etc. Just straight up ranked match, and I’m not the type to go in to something like that without knowing what I’m doing first. 

I spent some time last night taking turns playing it with a friend. As far as I can tell, it doesn't keep track of wins and losses in any meaningful way. It plays like a dream, though, some lag issues aside. Which is why I'm really impressed they're hosting a test event for the online before launch. It serves the dual purpose of drumming up some hype and allowing them to make adjustments to the online before launch. I mean, what a great thing. I got the chance to play as Kilik, Taki, Sophitia, and Groh, who is definitely becoming one of my mains. Reversal Edge is an exciting mechanic and seems like it'll add a lot of depth at high-level play.