Bayonetta 1+2 coming to Switch!, Bayonetta 3 coming exclusively to Switch!!

2 hours ago, IU said:

I want to get the bundle in spite of having an unopened copy of the two for Wii U. I just don't see myself going back to that console with what has come to the Switch this year. I also enjoy the hardware experience there a lot more than the Wii U. I'll pick up Bayo 3 as well once it's released. 

Same as soon as I got my Switch and experienced it I just packed away my Wii U on its box and it’s in my closet. Yes it did give me all the fun and joys of the system but Switch has it beat by miles now. I still have my Wii U games and will continue to keep them except the digital ones those are with me forever or until Nintendo cuts off the Wii U eShop. 

1 hour ago, Ridley Prime said:

While I get preferring the Switch and all, I found nothing wrong with Bayonetta 1/2 on the Wii U. It felt like the perfect platform to play them on at the time. I know if I had gotten the first Bayo on like the 360 (before she became Nintendo exclusive), I wouldn't of been nearly as immersed.

Exactly. And it still is for myself given that I'm waiting for some years before getting a Switch. It's still a good system for what it is.

Yeah. Admittedly though, if I had missed out on playing the Bayo collection on Wii U, I would've settled for just getting them on the Switch too along with 3. As it is, the Bayonetta games were one of those few/far in between examples where I felt the Wii U controls were perfect for the game, tho I have no doubt they'll be just as good or perhaps even better on the Switch.

Still, if there's any Wii U game that just begs to be improved on with a Switch port, it'd be Star Fox Zero or something.

Edited by Ridley Prime
1 minute ago, Ridley Prime said:

Yeah. Admittedly though, if I had missed out on playing the Bayo collection on Wii U, I would've settled for just getting them on the Switch too along with 3. As it is, the Bayonetta games were one of those few/far in between examples where I felt the Wii U controls were perfect for the game, tho I have no doubt they'll be just as good or perhaps even better on the Switch.

I mean, if there's any Wii U game that just begs to be improved with a Switch port, it'd be Star Fox Zero or something.

Ah. Cool. 

Maybe. It would be pretty neat.

One thing I do not get in all this saltiness is that, if Sony or Microsoft want this as a exclusive, they had their opportunity and passed on it. So the fanboys should more be upset with their platform of choice then Nintendo or Platinum Games. Without Nintendo the series would not have a future so I'll I got to say is....Deal with it!!!coolkong;

Edited by DLurkster

Everything about Bayonetta 2 was better than the first one for me, "reskin" or not, and thus got a lot more playtime out of me, whereas the first one I didn't really touch again after my initial playthrough.

The saltiness is nothing new, but will say that not being multi-plat did kinda hurt Bayo 2, with how the Wii U underperformed in sales long run. At least 3 won't have to worry about that with how well the Switch is doing.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/11/2017 at 2:43 PM, Ridley Prime said:

Everything about Bayonetta 2 was better than the first one for me, "reskin" or not, and thus got a lot more playtime out of me, whereas the first one I didn't really touch again after my initial playthrough.

The saltiness is nothing new, but will say that not being multi-plat did kinda hurt Bayo 2, with how the Wii U underperformed in sales long run. At least 3 won't have to worry about that with how well the Switch is doing.

On the contrary, Bayonetta 2's exclusivity is exactly what saved the IP. It caused such a Nintendo-centric buzz that Bayonetta was made into a Smash Bros character, which is possibly the single most powerful marketing tool in the industry--just ask Marth and Pit. Now Bayo's riding the Smash wave into a third game.

Looking forward to this when it comes out - and whenever 3 gets released on top of that

Was originally going to get this awhile back but never got around to it - did play the demo and enjoyed what i played of it, at least so that was nice

With these two being re-released on the Switch (Will probably just get it on the Eshop,regardless) i can't say im too annoyed about not getting it on the Wii U in the end

A month late to the party on that but better than never

At least there's only a month left if remembering correctly, so release isn't too far off

• 1 month later...

An interesting read that explains who holds the rights for the games and the situation with them from Kamiya himself (his Twitter). Mainly for those people Tyranogre referred to.

I've got something I want to tell you all. It's about Bayonetta 3. We are a developer that creates games by signing contracts with publishers and receiving funds from them in order to cover development costs. For Bayonetta 1, we signed a contract with Sega and received funds from them, then we proposed a design for the game and entered production. All of the rights belong to Sega.

At the time, our company had only just been established, and we weren't properly equipped for multiplatform development, so after discussing with Sega, we decided to develop the game exclusively for Xbox 360. However, after that, one of Sega's trading partners ended up making a port for PS3, at Sega's behest. More recently, they also decided that a Steam version should be developed, which was released last year. Sega owns the rights to all of these versions.

When we started making Bayonetta 2, we initially received funds from Sega to develop the game for multiple platforms, but the project was halted due to circumstances at Sega. Nintendo then stepped in to continue funding the game, allowing us to finish it. As such, the rights belong to Sega and Nintendo.

The rights owners decided the game should be made for Wii U. Nintendo was also kind enough to fund a port of Bayo 1 for Wii U, and they even allowed us to use the Japanese voice track we created for the Wii U version in the PC version of Bayo 1 as well. I am extremely thankful to Nintendo for funding the game, and to Sega for allowing them to use the Bayonetta IP.

As for Bayonetta 3, it was decided from the start that the game was going to be developed using Nintendo's funding. Without their help, we would not have been able to kick off this project. All of the rights still belong to Sega and Nintendo. The rights owners decided that the game should be made for Switch.

Game development is a business. Each company has its own circumstances and strategies. Sometimes this means games get made, sometimes it means they get cancelled. But I believe that every single person involved is dedicated to delivering the best possible experience. I know that, to me at least, that's one of the biggest goals when I set to work.

I cannot express how happy I am that we get to make Bayonetta 3, and we intend to do everything within our power to make it as good as it can be. That's all we can do, and we consider it our greatest mission. It took a while for production of Bayonetta 3 to be okayed, but now that it has kicked off, I hope it will turn into a wonderful encounter for all of you.

Source: https://gonintendo.com/stories/301983-platinum-s-hideki-kamiya-explains-how-bayonetta-2-and-3-came-to-b

We'll skip this release since we got it on Wii U but my bro will get Bayonetta 3 when it comes out.