DLC Pack 2 Champions Ballad goes live tonight and...

Yo, I've got some questions. Don't know what's in the new DLC so minimal spoilers, please. I just saw that I can't access the story additions without beating all 4 Divine Beasts, which I haven't done because the lights in the sky ruin the landscape and I hate how Nabooris's quest makes Yiga enemies spawn at random. It ruins the way I like to play the game.

Spoiler

1. With the new DLC, have these issues been addressed?

2. If not, would I be missing out on a tougher challenge by going back to my abandoned normal mode file for this? If the DLC would be harder on Master Mode (but not made impossible like the Master Trials), I wouldn't terribly mind rushing through a new Master Mode file for this.

3. Any QOL fixes like not being able to manually sort inventory, or not being able to get DLC armor out of your inventory without losing it forever?

1 minute ago, Destiny Hero said:

Yo, I've got some questions. Don't know what's in the new DLC so minimal spoilers, please. I just saw that I can't access the story additions without beating all 4 Divine Beasts, which I haven't done because the lights in the sky ruin the landscape and I hate how Nabooris's quest makes Yiga enemies spawn at random. It ruins the way I like to play the game.

Hide contents

2. If not, would I be missing out on a tougher challenge by going back to my abandoned normal mode file for this? If the DLC would be harder on Master Mode (but not made impossible like the Master Trials), I wouldn't terribly mind rushing through a new Master Mode file for this.

3. Any QOL fixes like not being able to manually sort inventory, or not being able to get DLC armor out of your inventory without losing it forever?

1. No

2. No, due to the nature of the dlc, master and normal are basically the same

3. No

9 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

Reveal hidden contents

Wait, I lied to you on 3. Supposedly, you can now buy back DLC items from the one guy in Tarry Town

I'm enjoying the new content so far. At first, I was feeling it was too much repetition for the openness of the game, but as I played more and experienced some of the new shrines I warmed up to the structure of the Champions' Ballad main quest. I've gone through two of the Champions' trials, Urbosa then Revali, and I'm now into the trials for Daruk.

Edited by IU
2 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Any confirmation as to what exactly you get?

I've seen/heard:

costumes

that tuning fork looking weapon

heard 12-16 shrines

1 "dungeon"

Master Cycle

"more" memories

As I've beaten it, I can tell you that the DLC includes:

9 new pieces of armor to find
2 new pieces of horse armor that have amazing abilities
The Tuning Fork weapon (limited, like the bow of light)
4 new compendium entries (1 weapon, 3 monsters)
16 shrines (but only 1 more heart/stamina upgrade)
4 boss rematches (leading to four power upgrades)
5 new memories
1 key item which can be placed in your home

4 new journals, one from each champion (located in their town)
1 Divine Beast style dungeon with a unique boss
Rune for Master Cycle Zero

Things to keep in mind. All armor (base, amiibo, expansion pass bonus, DLC1, DLC2) is 7 pieces of armor too many. The guy in Tarry Town now sells DLC armor, so you can sell it off to make space for more, without worrying about never getting it back. For example, I sold the old clothes, Switch shirt, Korok Mask, and Tingle outfit to make room for the new stuff, and they can all be bought back whenever.

Edited by Gold