Capcom announces Mega Man 11 - Coming to Switch 2018

Holy crap is this real life

I'm trying to hold my expectations in check, but darn if that trailer didn't look fantastic. (That music, tho!) Inti doesn't appear to be involved with this one, which worries me, but rational thinking has left me for the moment. Let's just all take a moment to celebrate the fact that MegaMan's back from the dead. :)Don't botch this one, Capcom. 

This has got to be a sign of the apocalypse, because the game actually looks... Decent? I mean, a hell of a lot more promising than Mighty No. 9. Plus coming out in "late 2018" means they'll hopefully have time to polish up some of those rough animation transitions and such.

I, too, will be buying every Mega Man game that I can get my greasy mitts on comes to Switch. It seems like the absolute perfect console to play the Legacy Collection games on.

Edited by subrosian

Is there somewhere where Capcom actually explicitly says the Mega Man X series is coming as a collection?

I keep seeing them saying shit like "All 8 Mega Man X series games are coming to modern systems in 2018".  Obviously it would make the most sense for it to be in a collection...I just haven't seen them say it, and that's weird to me.

10 minutes ago, Cryptic said:

Is there somewhere where Capcom actually explicitly says the Mega Man X series is coming as a collection?

I keep seeing them saying shit like "All 8 Mega Man X series games are coming to modern systems in 2018".  Obviously it would make the most sense for it to be in a collection...I just haven't seen them say it, and that's weird to me.

Yeah I haven't seen anything specifically referring to a "Mega Man X Legacy Collection" kind of game.

Maybe there will be multiple collections, or maybe they haven't fully decided yet? That reminds me... I wonder if/when we'll get any news on Nintendo's efforts to bring classic games to the Switch. Maybe they're related?

5 minutes ago, subrosian said:

Yeah I haven't seen anything specifically referring to a "Mega Man X Legacy Collection" kind of game.

Maybe there will be multiple collections, or maybe they haven't fully decided yet? That reminds me... I wonder if/when we'll get any news on Nintendo's efforts to bring classic games to the Switch. Maybe they're related?

I don't think it would be related, because the games are also coming to PS4, XB1, and PC, right?  It would have to be something that works independent of Nintendo's Virtual Console or whatever successor they have for it.

That makes it seem like it HAS to be a collection.  The only alternative I can think of is them releasing them separately like the ACA Neo Geo games.

12 minutes ago, Cryptic said:

I don't think it would be related, because the games are also coming to PS4, XB1, and PC, right?  It would have to be something that works independent of Nintendo's Virtual Console or whatever successor they have for it.

That makes it seem like it HAS to be a collection.  The only alternative I can think of is them releasing them separately like the ACA Neo Geo games.

Yeah, I suppose you're right.

19 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

Oh, those 3D models are so unappealing. Not as bad as the other ten thousand sidescrollers with bland 3D graphics released last year, but still... Sprites would have looked so much better than this slice of white bread sandwiched between two more slices of white bread.

Yeah, this looks exactly like a New Super Mario Bros. game, visually. I'm not a fan. The series doesn't have to imitate NES graphics forever, but I'd like to see the personality of the designs come through, whatever style they choose.

Besides the graphics, I'm actually fairly interested in this, having played a lot of the classic games lately on emulator. I haven't always considered myself much of a Mega Man fan but that seems to be changing. I'll check this one out if it's well received.

1 hour ago, Cryptic said:

Virtual Console was my first thought, yeah. But to my knowledge Ninty still hasn't said anything about Switch Virtual Console, and I'd bet money they wouldn't let that information come from a third party first. A collection in the vein of the one on Game Cube seems likely. 

Plus who in their right mind would buy X7

Great news. I agree that I wish the graphics had more personality to them. Reminds me of Sonic the Hedgehog 4/New Super Mario Bros but it's better than no new Megaman game. Didn't expect to see a new Megaman game in that series. Great that the other 18 Megaman games as well. Still have the original collections on other Nintendo systems, I think I'm just missing X7 for PS2 which I am in no rush to play lol. Now if they can get Legends 3 uncancelled.

Super excited about this. I was watching the stream live, and went in there with rock bottom expectations. Words can not describe how awesome it felt to see a new Mega Man. Not an 8 Bit throw back, but an honest to god expansion of the classic formula that built upon what came before while keeping what worked. It was 1997 the last time that happened with Mega Man 8. 9 and 10 were huge steps back, they removed the slide for crying out loud, the slide.... :|

Sure the visuals could use some polish, but it's still a year off.

Here's hoping this is only the start of Capcom reviving the franchise, maybe we'll see a continuation to the other series, and perhaps a few new ones.

5 hours ago, Namevah said:

Let's not forget the Mega Man X collection, which is what has me hyped. I can't wait to play the first five games, and then pretend that the other three don't exist (as Capcom should).

X8 is really not that bad. It's decent, and after X7 it was a damn Godsend. Frankly, if you twisted my arm, I'd probably say I like 8 over 5.

Edited by Marxforever