Elysium - N4A Chat Thread, December 2017

Tyranogre

2 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

I only just put a small amount into Litecoin

Litecoin is my go-to at the moment since it's not congested and doesn't have a toxic community like Bitcoin Cash. The lion's share of my holdings is still Bitcoin, but the scalability issue direly needs to be addressed.

15 minutes ago, Kodiack said:

Unloaded another ~2 Bitcoin today. It might go up, or it might go down - but nobody's ever gone broke making a profit. :)

Isn't that about $13937 each?

Or uh, $19837 of whatever New Zeland's currency is?

33 minutes ago, Gold said:

Isn't that about $13937 each?

Or uh, $19837 of whatever New Zeland's currency is?

Yes and yes. I also just found out I don't get taxed for anything I've made this year since I'm a transitional NZ resident.

I'm...speechless right now. The money I've saved in taxes alone is enough to pay for years' worth of rent, or decades' worth of running Ninfora. Over half a year of working saved in taxes. I seriously have no words. I'm only just now comprehending how much money I've made from mining in 2011/2012.

1 minute ago, Kodiack said:

Yes and yes. I also just found out I don't get taxed for anything I've made this year since I'm a transitional NZ resident.

I'm...speechless right now. The money I've saved in taxes alone is enough to pay for years' worth of rent, or decades' worth of running Ninfora. Over half a year of working saved in taxes. I seriously have no words. I'm only just now comprehending how much money I've made from mining in 2011/2012.

That's super cool, good for you!

All this talk of cryptocurrency has got me wondering if I should try and get my old old old computer's decimated hard drive working again to access my original wallet.

@Chrom man i knew you had a twitter account but i just saw you retweeted by someone i follow and it was super fucking surreal because they dont seem to follow you and afaik dont even like, have a reason to be posting here so it had to be like through some rt chain or twitter searches and anyway my point is the chance of that happening must be pretty small and it felt wild

4 hours ago, LimeCatMaster said:

@Chrom man i knew you had a twitter account but i just saw you retweeted by someone i follow and it was super fucking surreal because they dont seem to follow you and afaik dont even like, have a reason to be posting here so it had to be like through some rt chain or twitter searches and anyway my point is the chance of that happening must be pretty small and it felt wild

I don't feel it's really that wild since my tweets regularly reach hit huge audiences so you're bound to see me anyway.