Elysium - N4A Chat Thread, December 2017

Tyranogre

5 hours ago, fuzz said:

"Hey I'm gonna give myself a break tonight, go to sleep early, and then go to school before class and finish my homework then!"

Don't know how many times I've told myself that lie this semester but here's another perfect example lmao

So ready for this to be over..

I’ve done this for every single assignment this semester. I seem to be doing well so no complaints there 

7 hours ago, ace said:

I’ve done this for every single assignment this semester. I seem to be doing well so no complaints there 

It seems like putting myself under this time crunch is what actually motivates me to really get shit done, haha. Terrible for my stress but I also can't complain because it's worked so far haha.

1 hour ago, fuzz said:

It seems like putting myself under this time crunch is what actually motivates me to really get shit done, haha. Terrible for my stress but I also can't complain because it's worked so far haha.

Could I do the 13 assignments due Monday night at 11:59 PM? Yeah. Will I? Nah. I’ll start Monday morning and knock em all out in 3 hours. 

2 hours ago, Anselma said:

i've wasted too much money on this stupid fucking game lmao

Recently hopped back in and played a few games a few weeks ago after not having played for several years, and goddamn there are so many new skins and holy shit a lot are so good. I want every single Star Guardian skin.

4 minutes ago, fuzz said:

Recently hopped back in and played a few games a few weeks ago after not having played for several years, and goddamn there are so many new skins and holy shit a lot are so good. I want every single Star Guardian skin.

every star guardian skin is good

except janna and syndra because they're attached to cancerous champions

42 minutes ago, Anselma said:

every star guardian skin is good

except janna and syndra because they're attached to cancerous champions

I was so dismayed to come back and see the current state of Janna dude

My beautiful storm's fury was hated by all and was seemingly stupid to the point where anyone could pick her up and proceed to ruin the other lane's day. She was my go-to champ in ranked back when I played a bunch in like season 3, and when I came back she seemed to just be insta-banned in any draft pick game I played. Gave me more time to practice ADC and my other support loves I suppose, lol.

I'm super super out of touch though cause I really only came back and played a couple games a day for a week or two, how did it get so bad with her? 

4 minutes ago, fuzz said:

I was so dismayed to come back and see the current state of Janna dude

My beautiful storm's fury was hated by all and was seemingly stupid to the point where anyone could pick her up and proceed to ruin the other lane's day. She was my go-to champ in ranked back when I played a bunch in like season 3, and when I came back she seemed to just be insta-banned in any draft pick game I played. Gave me more time to practice ADC and my other support loves I suppose, lol.

I'm super super out of touch though cause I really only came back and played a couple games a day for a week or two, how did it get so bad with her? 

janna's always been complete ass to play against, the only reason you don't see her more often was that she's boring as piss to play and in coordinated play or comp she can be dove and shut down early on in lane

she completely stymies any aggression in games because her disengage and peel are nonsensical, she's impossible to punish when going out and warding, and the support items especially ardent censer pushed her into consistently having one of the highest winrates in the game and with ardent censer warping the meta into passive 40-minute games where everybody wants to scale

Ahh, I did see lots of mentions of Ardent Censer and her astronomically high winrates when scrolling through reddit. I think my lack of current knowledge kept me blissfully ignorant of it all, /mute all helped as well lmao. These new preseason changes seem real interesting though, think I might update my client tonight and get a sense of all the new systems.

i just hate janna because of how much she encourages passive play and how non-interactive playing against her is

i also hate janna because when i used to be a support player i played primarily initiation supports like leona and alistar theydonothing;

the only champion i hate more than her is caitlyn

I hear ya man. As much as I love her due to being the first champion I really spent time with in ranked, the games I play as her really did just remain oh so incredibly passive. Never could get the hang of Alistar, but I do love me some Braum, Leona and Nautilus. Took a solid season of forcing myself to play melee supports to break out of my comfortable little mage bubble.