Net neutrality and Ninfora: how could N4A be affected?

Fuzzer1

Nice.

Should be pointed out that Ajit Pai was appointed by Trump, the latter of whom expressed being against net neutrality sometime during the election... No coincidence there. Donald made him chairman of the FCC to help take some of the heat off of himself. Whatever happens to the internet though, I'll be damned if we let him get reelected in three years.

43 minutes ago, Ridley Prime said:

Nice.

Should be pointed out that Ajit Pai was appointed by Trump, the latter of whom expressed being against net neutrality sometime during the election... No coincidence there. Donald made him chairman of the FCC to help take some of the heat off of himself. Whatever happens to the internet though, I'll be damned if we let him get reelected in three years.

Yep. Definitely. He doesn't want people to have any free speech. Period.

Word.

Annd more bs!

Edited by Doc Brown
2 minutes ago, Jun said:

If social media eventually gets locked away by paywalls, does that mean the return of message boards again?

That's what people used before Facebook and Twitter nowadays, right?

No. I think that message boards would kind of be considered to be social media.

On 12/1/2017 at 7:03 PM, Ridley Prime said:

Nice.

We can also thank Obama that he got to the FCC too...

" On 2011, Pai was then nominated for a Republican Party position on the Federal Communications Commission by President Barack Obama at the recommendation of Minority leader Mitch McConnell. He was confirmed unanimously by the United States Senate on May 7, 2012, and was sworn in on May 14, 2012, for a term that concluded on June 30, 2016.[1] Then Pai was designated chairman of the FCC by President Donald Trump in January 2017 for a five-year term.[16] He was confirmed by the U.S. Senate for the additional five-year term on October 2, 2017.[6] "

Not hating on Obama but that's kind of weak to mention that now...

Edited by Kirbymeister2
4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yea which isn't good. But Turtle was the one who recommended him. Pai is nasty. And the Senate,  MItch and President Obama helped to get him in. Then Trump just got him to the head of the FCC.

Turtle might've recommended him but he wouldn't haven't gotten in by Obama's help too. He stayed so long because of the president.

It hurts me to say that because I loved Obama but damn I can't stay away from the facts when it's like this.

Edited by Kirbymeister2
2 minutes ago, Kirbymeister2 said:

Turtle might've recommended him but he wouldn't haven't gotten in by Obama's help too. He stayed so long because of the president.

Yea, and I wouldn't doubt that Pai did a lot of ass kissing to get where he's at. He seems like the type to do so.

4 minutes ago, Kirbymeister2 said:

Yeah I wonder what happened in those days that Pai was able to get that far and stand so long?

Exactly. To be a fly on the wall. We do have the 2015 net neutrality rules (here's a link to them), but how much Pai took part, who knows. He seems to kind of be the type to also hide in the background, in plain sight, and a lot of times, those kinds of people are bad news.

Sources:  new york times and transition.fcc.gov

Edited by Doc Brown

Oh, it was a parody? Thank God, my blood was literally boiling.

I've kinda become more confident over time that this repealing shit won't pass anyway, but will have to see next Thursday. If it does though, I'll be searching and asking anyplace where I can find a more honest cable/internet provider in light of the events.

4 minutes ago, Ridley Prime said:

Oh, it was a parody? Thank God, my blood was literally boiling.

I've kinda become more confident over time that this repealing shit won't pass anyway, but will have to see next Thursday. If it does though, I'll be searching and asking anyplace where I can find a more honest cable/internet provider in light of the events.

Yea it is. Mine was too. 

Same here, but we have to keep the pressure on. I wish, I'd love to do the same.