I have become a timelord!

Shulk

There is a story to my title and if you are one for mystery, adventure and the impossible you will enjoy this.

It started a year ago. My husband and I embarked on a new world adventure. We spawned in the spruce woods right near a nice water village. We spent weeks redesigning and fixing. Mining together and building together. Then we ventured off to create other areas in the world. After a long year of building I had villages across the world.... towers as a tribute to Breath of the Wild, all teleporting to a woodland mansion.

Now fast forward to about a month ago. After having a nice network of villages, railroads, mines and towers, it was time to remodel the mansion as the home base. It took hours over the the weeks to complete, but it was beautiful. Suddenly a week ago my internet froze and my computer crashed while playing Minecraft. Once I started up again... my world was gone! I was devastated. All that work :( *sigh*

I figured maybe I'd go back to one of my past worlds... I really wanted the mansion. I get to it in one of the worlds only to find that I had burned it down for fun. So now it was time to start a new world. I find a village and spend the day getting resources so that I could unlock the map to the mansion. I get the map and make it to the location only to find that it was on fire!!!!! Darn it all! So here we go again... another world is created. This time I wasn't going to waste my time getting resources... I cheat using the /locate Mansion command. It's been a week now and I've got my new mansion all spruced up! Yay me!

Next I decide it's time to look for a village to remodel. I randomly teleport to different locations in my search yet I keep coming up empty. Found a few cool places though including an abandon mine so I write down the XYZ. After the mine I put in another teleport location and end up in a dessert. As I'm flying around I see in the distance a tower... it looked exactly like the one I designed in my other world. I'm like how is this possible??? I then turn around to find my village from the other world. I use the teleport pad and end up in the mansion from, yet again, the other world!

My husband tells me to save and come back again. Did that and I was still in the world that was once lost, but the name was that of the new world.

My lost world was named "Spruce Waters" the new world I decided to name "Gallifrey" but now the impossible... Spruce Waters is back under the name of Gallifrey. We don't know how this could have happened... but I'm quite happy. The path of a timelord is made up of adventure, mystery and of course the impossible. The world that never should have been has returned and I am it's Master!

Okay... this is even crazier!!! I decided that I would use the /locate Mansion command while I was in the mansion from the previous world and the XYZ was for the mansion for the new world. It turns out that both worlds merged into one and now I have two mansions remodeled a biome that I previously did not have and all my old locations as well.

No idea how two worlds would merge into one, but this is AWESOME!!!!

It sounds really cool despite my utter confusion at what is going on.  Like, so you went to a past world of yours and there was a time you burned down the mansion for fun.  Then you start a NEW world and manage to find that mansion yet it was on fire? Then, some hip hop hooie happens and you end up finding the mansion, then finding a tower from your game that was previous deleted because your PC crashed and you end up with a mansion that merges in on itself with the same mansion from another period?

I probably have this ALL wrong but it's still all kinds of madness that I can't figure out. XD  Like, when you start a new world it carries over elements from previous worlds you've had or something?

On 11/26/2017 at 12:49 PM, Kezay said:

It sounds really cool despite my utter confusion at what is going on.  Like, so you went to a past world of yours and there was a time you burned down the mansion for fun.  Then you start a NEW world and manage to find that mansion yet it was on fire? Then, some hip hop hooie happens and you end up finding the mansion, then finding a tower from your game that was previous deleted because your PC crashed and you end up with a mansion that merges in on itself with the same mansion from another period?

I probably have this ALL wrong but it's still all kinds of madness that I can't figure out. XD  Like, when you start a new world it carries over elements from previous worlds you've had or something?

Guessing you never played Minecraft lol

When you start a new world, it's completely new. No elements from a previous world carry over. You can have as many worlds as you want but each are a separate save file. When you create a world you get options for prefabricated structures to generate. This includes villages, dungeons, mansions among other things. When things generate into a world, it's random placement so you'll have villages that may appear half buried in blocks, on mountains, in rivers... and in the case of the mansion I found, on lava. It's likely that's the case and the lava caught it on fire.

Each world has it's own structures though, but in my case above... I now have 2 mansions in a single world since 2 completely different files decided to merge into each other. Not something I could even duplicate if I wanted.