Nintendo, Universal close to deal for animated Mario movie

Fuzzer1

18 hours ago, Kezay said:

Looking forward to seeing what comes of this since it's a format that makes sense for Mario.  Gonna be interesting to see what various Mario characters end up with full on speaking roles and an entire movie's worth of scriptwork. ;)

Since it’s most likely going to be done by Illumination Entertainment, the folks behind the polarizing Minions of Dispicable Me fame, some folks think most of the haracters could talk normal but the Mario Bros could talk in some gibberish speak like the Minions do.

But they’ve done films like Sing where every character does fully speak so who knows what the direction is they go with, assuming this becomes official?

And because of those aforementioned Minions, the Internet isn’t thrilled of the idea of Illumination doing a Mario movie.

Edited by Fuzzer1
On 11/19/2017 at 9:12 AM, Fuzzer1 said:

Since it’s most likely going to be done by Illumination Entertainment, the folks behind the polarizing Minions of Dispicable Me fame, some folks think most of the haracters could talk normal but the Mario Bros could talk in some gibberish speak like the Minions do.

But they’ve done films like Sing where every character does fully speak so who knows what the direction is they go with, assuming this becomes official?

And because of those aforementioned Minions, the Internet isn’t thrilled of the idea of Illumination doing a Mario movie.

I actually had no idea there was any kind of negative to the Minions' speech, but I can see why people might be wary if they choose that route considering gibberish speak is pretty much most of what you get from Mario and Luigi in the games, like the RPGs for instance. But something like that can't carry a whole movie.