Square-Enix to "aggressively" make games for the Switch

Actually, I'd argue that Kingdom Hearts 3 is a possibly, it is an Unreal Engine 4 game after all, so porting would be possible (and actual support from Epic this time.). Graphics would have to be toned down, yes, and depending on how much they've modified the engine. Then there's the problem where they might have to split the data to have portions of it be downloaded like in some recently released Switch titles, because it's either too small for a 32GB card or because of its costs.

Edited by avalonknight
16 hours ago, avalonknight said:

Actually, I'd argue that Kingdom Hearts 3 is a possibly, it is an Unreal Engine 4 game after all, so porting would be possible (and actual support from Epic this time.). Graphics would have to be toned down, yes, and depending on how much they've modified the engine. Then there's the problem where they might have to split the data to have portions of it be downloaded like in some recently released Switch titles, because it's either too small for a 32GB card or because of its costs.

there's basically like no way square has or is going to develop kh3 to be able to play on the switch tablet without the system attached AND have it release at the same time as the other versions.

i mean, let's not forget that kh1 and 2 have been out since the mesozoic era and still haven't seen any form of port to a nintendo console.

21 minutes ago, Bearissoslow said:

there's basically like no way square has or is going to develop kh3 to be able to play on the switch tablet without the system attached AND have it release at the same time as the other versions.

i mean, let's not forget that kh1 and 2 have been out since the mesozoic era and still haven't seen any form of port to a nintendo console.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is getting its Switch port months after its X1/PS4/PC release, and so far the two Kingdom Hearts HD remasters are PS3/4 only with no XBox One nor PC ports, so Sony's exclusivity on those is more likely.

I can see that now, and to be fair, rarely you'll get games getting a later release on another system outside of timed console exclusives and PC ports. Ultimately just want to say due to this bit of news, I'd call Kingdom Hearts III "Open to debate/speculation".

Did someone mention Tactics? Would like a Tactics A3. Or at least with the tone of the original Tactics...and without the insane stats and stuff involving Zodiac signs, Brave/Faith and all that affecting how much damage you do.

Edited by avalonknight
  • 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

More importantly, they're also considering localizing the Seiken Densetsu Collection. It's all just words right now though; we'll see if Square Enix moves forward with any of this.

Hnnnnngggg I hope they dooo