Question about other NSider-related sites/spinoffs

I know the story about NS2 and Ninfora. I was led here several months ago when I decided to check NS2 after years of inactivity to see what was going on, read through some threads, and saw "n1nfora". 

But I often wonder what became of the other NSider spinoff sites or sites with large gatherings of NSiders? (I'm not 100% sure all of these are NSider spinoffs, so I made that distinction)

Searching showed that NSFCD and Boyah are still around, but I can't find anything about

-Outsider

-The Rest of Us

-As the Light Fades

and probably 1 or 2 others that aren't coming to mind right now. 

I didn't really use those sites or know most of their history (other than TRoU because I was around when that started), I just lurked every once in a while. I was wondering if anyone knew what became of any of those sites? Were they taken offline, or do they still exist under different names? I'm really curious. 

omg trou lmao

I was mostly on the smaller sites after NSider's death that all fell after a year or two. RoW, Neo NSider (?), some others I can't remember.They eventually died and would always point to NS2 so I eventually begrudgingly joined lol
I even tried making my own forums, although they were more for my friend circle than for NSider people.
It was called Shadedvision and was active for one whole summer basically, and tepid after that lmao. It's still there, though, for whenever I'm feeling nostalgic. :v
Cause right around that time, 08-09, Facebook and Twitter both started becoming a Really Big Thing™ and forums in general fell by the wayside.

Edited by Pichi

I don't know if it popped up after the fall of Nsider but I know myself quite a few other Nsiders joined up with Nintendo Pipeline.  It was actually pretty decent from what I remember and that was basically gonna be my new Nintendo forum haunt until another user, I think it was WaluigiBag or Ray00101, made an account there and PMed me about the existence of Nsider2.  After that my time on Pipeline eventually fell by the wayside and Nsider2 was where I decided to stay.

EDIT:  There was also Chozo Sanctuary which I think actually cropped up after Nintendo ended Luminoth Temple, not sure if it was the same timeframe as Nsider going down though.  I used to chill out there for a bit as well but I left a while back as it was starting to become a bit of a cesspool.

Edited by Kezay

Apart from Outsider (wasn't there for too long, but it quickly died following OG Nsider's closing from what I heard), can't say I've heard of most of these spinoffs. Well there was one little forum that SilverHawk79 made, but can't remember the name of it now, and it was greatly overshadowed by NS2...

That all said, I was kinda curious if there were any other Nsider-based forums/spinoffs still around, but when I tried looking for any, they were basically all dead (to no surprise), and this was about the only place I found, the same way Banana did when I went back to NS2 after years of inactivity and saw it closed last year and n1nfora being mentioned. :v

4 minutes ago, Shulk said:

There was one that Hen a KoH from Nsider made. It was around while Nsider was around and quite a number of KoH and other uses hung out there. It was mostly those from the fan art board and Zelda fans. I think it was cuccoscratch or something like that.

I remember that board. Hung out there a bit myself.

Just now, Doc Brown said:

I remember that board. Hung out there a bit myself.

I just tried searching for it again, but no links come up. I did find a logo design posted on deviart for the site that Hen commented on. Then I went to her profile, but I'm guessing she just didn't renew the domain name after all these years.

6 minutes ago, Shulk said:

I just tried searching for it again, but no links come up. I did find a logo design posted on deviart for the site that Hen commented on. Then I went to her profile, but I'm guessing she just didn't renew the domain name after all these years.

I still have a link. Just checked and it looks like it. The domain expired. Miss the place. I liked it.

I still have a link. Just checked and it looks like it. The domain expired. Miss the place. I liked it.

Okay that's what I figured. It was nice, but it died out just like all the rest over time.

There was also Hadaway which later became something else. It was run by a few Nsiders and was about as active as Pipeline was back in the day. I'm trying to remember who took it over. I think it was actually changed to Orbit.

Just now, Shulk said:

Okay that's what I figured. It was nice, but it died out just like all the rest over time.

There was also Hadaway which later became something else. It was run by a few Nsiders and was about as active as Pipeline was back in the day. I'm trying to remember who took it over. I think it was actually changed to Orbit.

Yea people moving on and such.

Ah.

I still visit Pipeline from time to time. 

Yea people moving on and such.

Ah.

I still visit Pipeline from time to time. 

I stopped quite a while back since it became to much of a click. After the whole incident with Aisha (Shrimpkid) things where just never the same.

1 hour ago, Shulk said:

I stopped quite a while back since it became to much of a click. After the whole incident with Aisha (Shrimpkid) things where just never the same.

You mean clique?

While I wasn’t present within any remaining part of the Nsider community during the time the worst of that shit happened with the user you mentioned (at least I don’t think I was), heard pretty much the whole story from a friend or two that knew her pretty well. It was disheartening to hear.

17 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

You mean clique?

While I wasn’t present within any remaining part of the Nsider community during the time the worst of that shit happened with the user you mentioned (at least I don’t think I was), heard pretty much the whole story from a friend or two that knew her pretty well. It was disheartening to hear.

Yeah exactly what I meant. She's still around here but the past is the past. There have been many things that have happened over the years. Many different forums as well. Heck people we have known from the forums have passed away even.