Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Discussion Thread | *Version 1.2.0 available (Big Update)!*

417uzOz.png

Site: https://ac-pocketcamp.com/en-US/site/

Release Date: November 22nd

Price: Free (in-app purchaces)

Welcome to the Animal Crossing Pocket Camp Discussion Thread. Here you can discuss the upcoming Animal Crossing game for mobile devices (plus the full game upon it's release this November), share user IDs, learn about upcoming events, and find some info about the game. 

Get ready to make new friends and manage your very own camp site!

*Thread a work in progress*

Mobile Direct: 

System Requirements:

iOS users:

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is supported on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad devices running iOS 9.0 or newer. Note: This does not include iPhone 4S/5/5c, iPad 2/3rd Generation/4th Generation/mini, and iPod Touch 5th Generation.

Android users:

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is supported on Android OS 4.2 or newer. Note: Some devices may not be supported.

Guides

🌼Flower Breeding:🌼

Spoiler

h8OvVzQ.png

9xAjXCW.png?1

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Animal Crossing Pocket Camp Discussion Thread | *Available worldwide late Nov. (out now in AUS)*

Been playing this all week like "How do you do, fellow Australians?"

The general gameplay is talk to animals -> restock on supply X -> talk to animals -> restock on supply Y -> etc. I'm finding it to be super robotic, partly because I rarely get rewarded cotton so there's not much I can craft. But maybe after the soft launch it'll take the Fire Emblem Heroes route and add huge new features almost monthly.

• alienboyva changed the title to Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Discussion Thread | *Available worldwide late Nov. (out now in AUS)*
15 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

Been playing this all week like "How do you do, fellow Australians?"

The general gameplay is talk to animals -> restock on supply X -> talk to animals -> restock on supply Y -> etc. I'm finding it to be super robotic, partly because I rarely get rewarded cotton so there's not much I can craft. But maybe after the soft launch it'll take the Fire Emblem Heroes route and add huge new features almost monthly.

So you’re from Australia? If that’s the case, pretty lucky then to have something AC related released Down Under first for a change.

On 11/1/2017 at 3:49 PM, Fuzzer1 said:

So you’re from Australia? If that’s the case, pretty lucky then to have something AC related released Down Under first for a change.

Yes, I am Definitely From Australia. Please let Reggie know if he knocks. I've always been Australian and I did not sideload the .apk file into my phone.

Edited by Destiny Hero

Nintendo is not saying whether or not AC:PC will connect with other AC games... 

This is odd, because as you remember when they first announced AC for mobile, one of the only details we got was that it would connect AC games for dedicated gaming systems. I take this as, it pretty much confirms it will not connect with AC:NL We'll probably heare more about the connection features once they are ready to announce an AC game for Switch. Still, there could be a chance that they dropped the connection features all together, especially since they had to completely redo the game from scratch. 

For anyone interested and with an Android device, there's a FREE live wallpaper for the game up on the Google Play Store.

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nintendo.zaca.w

How about changing your smartphone wallpaper to an "Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp" artwork!

"Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp" is the mobile app where you can enjoy easygoing campsite development in a world inhabited by animals and time flowing like the real world.
The artwork will change with new elements being added as the launch date of "Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp" gets close.

* This wallpaper is supported on Android OS 4.2 or newer. Note: Some devices may not be supported.
* This is a limited wallpaper with the Google Play logo included.
* Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.

Looks like we might have a possible release date....

(*NOTE* The 2 previous login-in bonus sessions lasted for 10 days.)

Recent log-in bonuses for this month end on Nov. 21st (11/14 - 11/21).  Now, you're probably thinking that doesn't mean anything...But WAIT! This isn't the first time that date has been thrown around with a campaign for this game. In Japan there's a special Google Play campaign, where JPN YouTubers are doing let's plays of the game everyday until Nov. 20th (it's so close it might as well be the same date). So, could we see the game release early next week?

I think it would be smart of Nintendo release the game before Thanksgiving in the U.S., instead of the week after.

Edited by alienboyva

Here's something fun while you wait for the game...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's who I got...

Chissy is one my favs. from my City Folk town. ^_^

EDIT:

BTW, there's a minigame where you collect items an can unlock mobile wallpapers

DOzbh7LX4AAadZD.jpg

Looks like I'm going to have to beg people for items and the game isn't even out yet. :v .

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Discussion Thread | *Now Available*
  • alienboyva changed the title to Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Discussion Thread | *Now Available!*

I've played Pocket Camp quite a bit already (made it to lvl 3) and it definitely feels like a VERY lite version of AC, though that isn't a bad thing. It's perfect for a mobile game that you check-in on every once in a while. It feels kind of weird that the main focus of the game is collecting materials so you can craft furni for your campsite and RV, instead of earning bells to buy furni. One thing I kinda don't like is how Able's and Kick's swap out each day and you can't have both at the same time. One thing I do like is the new characters "The Boys" over at OK Motors. I hope we get to see them return in a mainline AC game.

YSRVp6Q.pngv8vD0l1.png?1

For what Pocket Camp is, I'm really enjoying it. I can't wait to see all the updates they have planned for the future. I just hope they don't go overboard with trying to get you to spend money. Right now you can get K.K. and Nook to come to your camp, but it looks like they want you to spend money to get them. They're only available for 45 days of starting your game, but may come back in the future. I'd like to have K.K. and don't plan on speeding any money, but IDK if I'll be able to get enough tickets from just playing in time. I might cave in if it was mah boi DJ K.K. love him. As for Nook I don't really want him. He'll probably just randomly put me in debt to him when he shows up. :v Oh, and BTW, don't for get to claim your FREE 50 leaf tickets from My Nintendo.

Hi7Xw1K.png?1

Edited by alienboyva

Nice to see Pocket Camp off to such a great start. Though I wonder, how long before most people get bored with it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where are you guys at after the first day with Pocket Camp?

Edited by alienboyva

Nintendo is working to fix AC Pocket Camp connection issues and giving out 20 leaf tickets to affected users...

I've mostly been getting connection errors in the morning and late at night. All these connection errors has made me realize just how dependent this game is on an internet connection Though, I can't help but feel that this wound't have even been an issue if everything you did in the game didn't rely an internet connection. >_> 

• alienboyva changed the title to Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Discussion Thread | *Update 1.0.2 out + Changes to reduce server load*

Version 1.0.2 is now available, plus changes have been made to reduce server load...

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp – Ver. 1.0.2

- Platform: Android, iOS 
- File size: 33MB (Android) / ???MB (iOS)

Patch notes:

- Implemented bug fixes

Changes to reduce server load

- cutoff time for the Daily Log-in Bonus is going to be during the 10 minutes that follow the start of a new in-game day 
- this will be 10.10PM PT / 11.10PM PDT / 1.10AM ET / 2.10AM EDT / 6.10AM GMT / 7.10AM BST / 7.10AM CET / 8.10AM CEST / 3.10PM JST 
- animals will now move on the map every 3 hours and 10 minutes, versus the original 3 hours 
- the time until a particular animal moves will still be displayed on the map, but that time will now be updated regularly 
- Nintendo is also continuing to find other ways to reduce server stress

Link: https://gonintendo.com/stories/296354-animal-crossing-pocket-camp-version-1-0-2-available-details-t

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Discussion Thread | *Ver. 1.0.2 available + Changes to reduce server load*
On 11/21/2017 at 9:27 PM, alienboyva said:

Nice to see Pocket Camp off to such a great start. Though I wonder, how long before most people get bored with it?

On 11/23/2017 at 10:06 AM, Destiny Hero said:

I stopped playing after about a week.

Sounds about right. This isn't much of a game as it is a repetitive task simulator. I don't see this lasting long before cratering.

Edited by Punchy