Ultra Megalopolis - N4A Chat Thread, November 2017

Chrom

It's definitely not for everyone. It's just been my go to mobile game inbetween classes, and I really love drafting in MTG and the Arena is basically Hearthstone's version of it. I just don't think I know anyone who plays, so these quests have been sittin' in my inventory for way too long.

15 minutes ago, chickadee said:

hell yeah fuzzy coming thru in the clutchΒ 

Β 

i hate FE but i love u so it evens out

Dawh <3 I'm so glad I can do the dirty work so you can keep your hands clean of FE.

Β 

How are you btw?! I feel like we all just lurk and don't check in very often lol.

Β 

7 minutes ago, Chrom said:

Play FE Heroes and suffer with me

I legit had to uninstall the game man, I ended up becoming one of those people who felt far too obligated to play all day, keep track of stamina restores, and try to get the max rewards on tempest trials and all that. I've been clean for a few months, but it's fun to see the new characters that are out through your twitter and such. I know if I play those kinda games, I'll feel so obligated to complete every quest and not miss a thing that I just don't enjoy it unless I played all the time - which was getting impossible to do lol. Now it's at that point where I feel like I've missed too much to come back, so I think I'm ok until Animal Crossing mobile comes around..

3 minutes ago, fuzz said:

I legit had to uninstall the game man, I ended up becoming one of those people who felt far too obligated to play all day, keep track of stamina restores, and try to get the max rewards on tempest trials and all that. I've been clean for a few months, but it's fun to see the new characters that are out through your twitter and such. I know if I play those kinda games, I'll feel so obligated to complete every quest and not miss a thing that I just don't enjoy it unless I played all the time - which was getting impossible to do lol. Now it's at that point where I feel like I've missed too much to come back, so I think I'm ok until Animal Crossing mobile comes around..

I think it's good you put yourself off the game if you felt like that, sorry to hear about it. I always try to make it a point to other people I introduce the game to that it's not really healthy to get sucked into that kind of mindset with games having regular quests like FE Heroes, and try to encourage others to play whatever content that interests them and to the degree they feel comfortable with.

Β 

I personally played FE Heroes very heavily when it first came out but eased up on it considerably over time once I realized that the artificial burdens that came with trying to take up on every little thingΒ the game had to offer on a regular basis wereΒ simply not worth it to me,Β and in retrospect I feel much better off and enjoy the game a lot more now that I play it casually. I just play a little bit every day, enough to get my time's worth, and am always looking forward to the new events they continue to put out for it. I even have a stockpile of nearly 200 stamina potions too somehow, so it feels good not having to worry about wait times. I just wish I wasn't always broke currency wise.

23 minutes ago, Chrom said:

I think it's good you put yourself off the game if you felt like that, sorry to hear about it. I always try to make it a point to other people I introduce the game to that it's not really healthy to get sucked into that kind of mindset with games having regular quests like FE Heroes, and try to encourage others to play whatever content that interests them and to the degree they feel comfortable with.

Β 

I personally played FE Heroes very heavily when it first came out but eased up on it considerably over time once I realized that the artificial burdens that came with trying to take up on every little thingΒ the game had to offer on a regular basis wereΒ simply not worth it to me,Β and in retrospect I feel much better off and enjoy the game a lot more now that I play it casually. I just play a little bit every day, enough to get my time's worth, and am always looking forward to the new events they continue to put out for it. I even have a stockpile of nearly 200 stamina potions too somehow, so it feels good not having to worry about wait times. I just wish I wasn't always broke currency wise.

Β 

I definitely agree. I got too caught up in reading the subreddit and feeling behind in the arena among other things, but fact of the matter is there was no way I could honestly keep up, and having that mentality not only kept me constantly playing trying to keep up, but also just unhappy playing which is not where you wanna be. I know that I'm that type of person who will get hooked on games like that, so once it gets to a certain point I usually just have to say no more haha.

Β 

I definitely agree that playing along at your own pace is the way to do it. I honestly just miss training up my favorite characters and grinding to SI them to be as good as can be, just to have squads of characters I love, and of course rolling for new ones is always fun when it goes well. I might give it a go again in the future and see if I can go back to just playing casually, but at the moment I'm definitely looking towards AC Mobile as my next fix haha.

update: i started fe10 hard mode with my most recent fe9 playthrough file, got to like 1-2 then remembered why i never enjoy playing the game

Β 

the real question is now if i'm gonna play fe7 or 8 first. probably 7 but i've been itching to play 8. mostly because a friend keeps assaulting me with this weird opinion that lyon is the best villain in the series