Ultra Megalopolis - N4A Chat Thread, November 2017

Chrom

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Not much, just relaxing a bit before heading to bed. You?

Unfortunately doing some last minute studying for a midterm tomorrow, shouldn't be too bad but it's a pretty huge portion of our grade so I can't help but be a little nervous.

13 minutes ago, fuzz said:

Unfortunately doing some last minute studying for a midterm tomorrow, shouldn't be too bad but it's a pretty huge portion of our grade so I can't help but be a little nervous.

Ah what for, subject wise? I hope it works out ok.

35 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Ah what for, subject wise? I hope it works out ok.

It's for a Machinery Design class, it's similar to other engineering classes I've taken in that it is about analysis of beams and other elements and their failure modes/yield/deflection/structural properties/deflection etc., stuff along those lines! But it's just with a professor who is particularly vague in his teaching style, so I've felt pretty lost at sea with some of this stuff so I'm currently trying to make sense of it all!

16 minutes ago, fuzz said:

It's for a Machinery Design class, it's similar to other engineering classes I've taken in that it is about analysis of beams and other elements and their failure modes/yield/deflection/structural properties/deflection etc., stuff along those lines! But it's just with a professor who is particularly vague in his teaching style, so I've felt pretty lost at sea with some of this stuff so I'm currently trying to make sense of it all!

Ah. Can relate with ya there. Had a math teacher like that. He was ok as a person, but damn... when it came to stuff that we weren't familiar with math wise, it wasn't so good. We took a test once and didn't do good on it, thanks to him using examples of the Pythagorean theorem that he didn't teach us (we learned about one kind, but the other variations we didn't learn about. anhero;),  it went over like a ton of bricks lol. And we had to deal with 'new' math as well. That stuff was so much bull. We weren't allowed to use examples of problems, so it made things even worse.

Edited by Doc Brown