Guacamelee! 2 Announced for PS4/PC

Eliwood8

Today DrinkBox Studios announced a sequel to their 2013 smash hit with Guacamelee! 2 for the PS4 and PC. Players once again control Juan Aguacate in a colorful action-platformer inspired by Mexican artwork. All-new abilities promise even more platforming and combat challenges, along with 4-player local co-op and 300% more chickens. DrinkBox hasn't announced a release date but for now they expect the game to launch in spring/summer of 2018.

Description

Guacamelee! 2 picks up seven years after the original game. Juan Aguacate is living a happy life with his family, when his friend and trainer Uay Chivo discovers a new evil menace that threatens to destroy not only Mexico, but time and space itself.

Features

• Non-Stop fighting action featuring an extensive move list
  • Multi-dimensional Platforming
  • Combat moves double as player movement mechanics, uniting platforming and fighting
  • Amazing new player abilities: Eagle Boost, Chicken Glide, and many more non-bird-themed powers!
  • A colorfully vibrant world containing dingy swamps, abandoned temples, arid deserts, and many other fun locations
  • New rendering engine: Normal mapped characters and environments significantly enhance the game’s visuals
  • Drop-in/out 4-player local co-operative play
  • 300% more chickens
  • 99% less memes

I'm pretty excited to see DrinkBox return to the world of Guacamelee! The first one was fantastic, and this short trailer has already got me itching for more. After the first game and Severed I have complete faith in DrinkBox to continue to make excellent games. And although this announcement is only for PS4 and PC I wouldn't be surprised to see Guacamelee! 2 release on the Switch at some point.

This is great to see. I think I originally played Guacamelee on PS3 when it was free with PS+ and I ended up loving it so much that I've bought it 2 or 3 more times. It was definitely a surprise hit imo and very much looking forward to playing a new game in this style. :D