Super Mario Odyssey

Chrom

Oh yeah, I need to go back and try getting the 2nd one in that room sometime.

Not quite as hard as I thought it'd be, but just cleared the Dark Side kingdom (first try, with only one health/hit remaining during the 2nd half of the gauntlet :u) along with a good chunk of the power moons in it, after thoroughly revisiting all the previous kingdoms. Just need little more than a handful a power moons now to unlock Darker Side. Considering I still hadn't even bought any of those extra power moons with my collected coins, I guess I've had a pretty good track record up to this point.

The koopa racing on round 2 in some of the later kingdoms is a real pain... I struggle to do even half the shit that the gold koopa pulls off.

Edited by Ridley Prime
3 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

Oh yeah, I need to go back and try getting the 2nd one in that room sometime.

Not quite as hard as I thought it'd be, but just cleared the Dark Side kingdom (first try, with only one health/hit remaining during the 2nd half of the gauntlet :u) along with a good chunk of the power moons in it, after thoroughly revisiting all the previous kingdoms. Just need little more than a handful a power moons now to unlock Darker Side. Considering I still hadn't even bought any of those extra power moons with my collected coins, I guess I've had a pretty good track record up to this point.

The koopa racing on round 2 in some of the later kingdoms is a real pain... I struggle to do even half the shit that the gold koopa pulls off.

Yeah.... F* the Koopa Races....  some of those are just BS.

So I have exhausted my attention span for extra moons up through New Donk....  WOW....  I really liked the extras in Lost Kingdom.  The Extas in NDC really expanded how in depth that level truly is.

I will say this, the more I play, the more I find perspective/ depth perception/ camera angles start to annoy me and really give me some deaths that just shouldn't happen.

I can't believe why I didn't find this one level in Seaside...totally forgot about the Octos.....for height access.

Got nearly everything in Seaside I could find and I basically skipped purple boss and koopa races..... but I think I have 2 more left....but decided I had had enough hunting and went on to Shiveria.

In most of my play-throughs today I found on my own all but maybe the last 5 or less purple coins on my own in my travels around the kingdoms.  In NDC and Seaside I used my Bowser amiibo to find the final set.  I swear, in both cases I can't believe I didn't get them originally before the amiibo scan as I had been in those areas and was pretty sure I looked everywhere.

I cracked 507 before I stopped for tonight.  I have to say, these Cubed bonus levels they add on in the worlds are pretty neat for the most part.  I liked some of the expanded motor scooter racing in NDC.  The purple squids in Seaside are your mean ticket to goodies once you master them.

Edited by purple_beard

With my attempts so far, I've gotten somewhere over halfway through Darker Side kingdom, but the later parts I think have put me off from wanting to try it again for awhile, and since I got up to 9999 coins during my retries on it at some point and wasn't gaining anymore, had to finally start spending them. Not sure when exactly I unlocked it at the coin shop, but instantly fell in love with the Diddy Kong costume, which'll be my default costume for the most part when I'm not having to wear any of the kingdom specific ones to unlock certain power moons.

For the longest time I thought the random Goombette appearances was just some kind of red herring since she disappears when you approach normally, but only recently did I randomly find out that you had to be controlling a Goomba or a certain number of stacked ones to get a power moon from her. -.-

I guess I might revisit all the kingdoms a 3rd time at my own pace to get closer to 800 or 900 something of the total power moons in the game... I don't know, but not feeling it with attempting Darker Side anymore for probably awhile, so will do that I suppose.

Edited by Ridley Prime
21 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

With my attempts so far, I've gotten somewhere over halfway through Darker Side kingdom, but the later parts I think have put me off from wanting to try it again for awhile, and since I got up to 9999 coins during my retries on it at some point and wasn't gaining anymore, had to finally start spending them. Not sure when exactly I unlocked it at the coin shop, but instantly fell in love with the Diddy Kong costume, which'll be my default costume for the most part when I'm not having to wear any of the kingdom specific ones to unlock certain power moons.

For the longest time I thought the random Goombette appearances was just some kind of red herring since she disappears when you approach normally, but only recently did I randomly find out that you had to be controlling a Goomba or a certain number of stacked ones to get a power moon from her. -.-

I guess I might revisit all the kingdoms a 3rd time at my own pace to get closer to 800 or 900 something of the total power moons in the game... I don't know, but not feeling it with attempting Darker Side anymore for probably awhile, so will do that I suppose.

Luckily I had the Amiibos to scan to get those outfits... I dropped my cheese on Skeleton Mario.... it was totally worth it!

26 minutes ago, Gold said:

I think it's your JC or an issue with your timing then because I found it to be a breeze.

Finally got it.... I got no idea... either stick has a tick or the bluetooth isn't connecting right to get position because I could be directly downward on holding and when I'd let go he'd fly up angled right for no reason.

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

Finally got it.... I got no idea... either stick has a tick or the bluetooth isn't connecting right to get position because I could be directly downward on holding and when I'd let go he'd fly up angled right for no reason.

Are you in handheld or TV?

On 11/9/2017 at 6:50 PM, Ridley Prime said:

Aye. Fortunately too, seems the extra world through the beanstalk in Bowser's kingdom is a pretty good source for quick coin farming.

Yeah, this isn't so bad as long as you can watch some videos or TV shows while doing it.  This method doesn't require a lot of attention.