Super Mario Odyssey

Chrom

10 hours ago, purple_beard said:

I can't say what got me motivated to do it but I started to knock off some of those Koopa runs.  There is a special place in hell for who designed some of these.

Also, I think either my brain, my hands, or my hand eye coordination isn't synced with this game or something because some of these Koopa runs really test my ability to do cap jumps for the time cutting needed and I can't seem to nail them.

Just follow the fastest guy, and make improvements on what he does.

So, as of this afternoon, my update is as follows:

846 moons total.

Mushroom:

Purple Coins 100%

Moons 102/104

* Art Investigator

* Koopa Free Running Hall of Famer

**Both Toadette Moons and as far as I can tell  KFR HoF is tied to Lost Kingdom and Wooded Kingdom Master Cups.  Art Investigator has to be tied to stuff involving the last two kingdoms in the game.

Cap Kingdom:

Purple Coins 100%

Moons 100%

Cascade Kingdom:

Purple Coins 100%

Moons 100%

Sand Kingdom

Purple Coins 100%

Moons 100%

Wooded Kingdom

Purple Coins 100%

Moons 75/76

*Koopa Master Cup: specifically, making that super Cappy Jump shortcut--can't seem to execute it right and always fall short.

Lake Kingdom

Purple Coins 100%

Moons 100%

Cloud Kingdom

Purple Coins -NA-

Moons 100%

Lost Kingdom

Purple Coins 100%

Moons 34/35

*Koopa Master Cup: Gotta solve the issue of executing Cappy jumps at the bricks to beat this mofo.

Metro Kingdom

Purple Coins 100%

Moons 80/81

*100 Jump Rope..... this thing really tries my patience

Seaside Kingdom

Purple Coins 100%

Moons 70/71

*100 Volleyball ...same as jump rope...lacking the patience and executing the timing

Snow Kingdom

Purple Coins 100%

Moons 100%

Luncheon Kingdom

Purple Coins 100%

Moons 100%

Ruined Kingdom

Purple Coins -NA-

Moons 100%

Bowser's Kingdom

Purple Coins 100%

Moons 100%

Moon Kingdom

Purple Coins 100%

Moons 100%

Dark Side 

**in progress **

super-mario-odyssey-king-outfit-110717.j

Its good to be King.... finally got this....

Some of these challenges are super interesting.

Darker Side

0%

Need to touch ground with its activities, but at least I got it opened.

Edited by purple_beard
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Ridley Prime said:

He isn't wrong... If they supported the game some post-release with occasional new levels, I'd definitely be on it more again. Just costumes alone doesn't give day 1 owners much of a reason to return beyond photos.

Why would they?  It's a singleplayer game with a few minor multiplayer bells and whistles.

I don't get why some people expect singleplayer games to get post-launch content at all.  Just beat a game that already takes you dozens of hours and go "damn money well spent" instead of going "BUT IS THERE GOING TO BE MORE????????"

When plenty games in general nowadays do just that (single player or not), I see nothing wrong with hoping for some post-launch content here and there long as people are reasonable, not that I had expectations for it with this game particularly, but when I just thought about it amidst all the constant costume releases, feel eventually having something a little more would’ve been nice. I mean didn’t Zelda BotW have a season pass?

People want more of what they enjoy. I think it was reasonable to expect major post-launch content from Super Mario Odyssey after Nintendo opened the door with Breath of the Wild's season pass. It's built to have more kingdoms as DLC, especially given some of the costume choices, and I think that content would've been a safe investment for Nintendo earlier this year especially given how bare this year was for the Switch with new first party content. I do think it's time to move on though as Nintendo clearly isn't considering any major DLC for the game.

Edited by IU

Yeah, if they're saving all their Kingdom resources for an Odyssey 2, then it's just as well, but if there was any major DLC for the first one here like earlier on, I'd have gladly paid for a season pass or something to play some more Kingdoms if that was their terms, and thereby continue supporting a game I enjoyed like Zelda fans got to with BotW, but y'know.