Fire Emblem Cipher: Series 11

Chrom

Yeah feel free to let me know about it whenever, I'll be looking forward to it!

DOvWvj-U8AAAVMY.png

Valbar's new card has been revealed today. Here, he's a mighty Baron. To little surprise, he just so happens to work well together with his good friends Leon and Kamui, and is able to bolster the player's side with power like the wall he is. Overall, I think it's a good card for him.

In related news, the FE Cipher official site was recently updated with information about what new special marker cards will start seeing distribution next month.

DOvdGCJVQAAWYdw.png:largeDOvdGbeUEAM6sHg.png:large

DOvdG7GVwAAYcOA.png:largeDOvdHcbUEAAsew2.png:large

The new additions are four characters as they appeared in the recent Series 10 release: Nanna, Olwen, Shigure, and Veronica.

DO0aIbJVAAE1vMM.png

Ending the week are SR+ cards for Rowan and Lianna, the main characters of FE Warriors. Something cool about them is that they're meant to be played together, and can effectively be switched back and forth to the player's advantage like in the original game.

On a different note, we've also learned that the voice actors for Ike and Peri will be guests for the next livestream.

8 minutes ago, Nanna said:

While looking up Rowan and Lianna's VAs for my SF article on this week's reveals, I learned that their VAs are also siblings, which I find rather amusing. :P

Yup, I had already learned about that myself as initial details about FE Warriors surfaced, and I did remember it as I noticed that their new cards both had their signatures. I think it's really cool how that ended up happening.

I'm looking forward to the remaining SRs left to be revealed for this set, admittedly I've not kept track of how many more there are left.

1 hour ago, Chrom said:

I'm looking forward to the remaining SRs left to be revealed for this set, admittedly I've not kept track of how many more there are left.

FE8 SR 4/6 - Eirika, Ephraim, Joshua, Amelia
SoV SR 1/3 - Delthea
FEW SR 2/3 - Rowan, Lianna

So, 7/12 total SR

SR+ 5/6 - Eirika, Ephraim, Delthea, Rowan, Lianna. I think the last one will be for FE8, though it could also go to SoV.
R+ 2/8 - Faye, Anna

Edited by Nanna

Come to think of it, I think it would be hilarious if they released a promo of Innes that somehow referenced that meme in the Japanese community where he's boxed in by enemy Pegasus Knights and is asking for Eirika to help him. People like recreating that in FE Heroes so maybe Intelligent Systems has noticed it.

4 hours ago, Shiva said:

Well, now you have to link to it now that you've mentioned it :P

It's kind of hard to find one post that really explains this in full detail, but I did find this one page on Pixiv's encyclopedia that explains what it's supposed to be and examples of it, albeit it in Japanese.

Basically it's a joke originating from 2chan, based on the fact that Innes and his protective nature over Eirika is played for laughs in their support conversations, particularly the bit where Eirika points out he is ironically better off staying behind her than in front due to being an archer. This somehow evolves into its own thing where Innes becomes fully incapacitated if he's completely surrounded by enemies due to the inherent range limitations of him using a bow, so a lot of people like to recreate this while also having him say "Help me, Eirika!"

There are various examples in the article above, but you can find more if you search on anywhere like social media with the Japanese phrase. It doesn't have to be with Pegasus Knights, but it can be for full effect.

This is one of those things fans can find funny internationally but the Japanese fandom has apparently embraced more, like Gromell and his Bolt Axe or Wrys in general.

It probably isn't a coincidence that in FE Heroes, Innes's Nidhogg bow has an owl effect where he's supposed to be surrounded by allies for extra stats.

DPIq66wUIAAY4Xj.png:small

A new overclass card, Clive as a Skogul from FE Echoes! I was just thinking the other day it'd be nice to see more of these since we had only ever known of Faye and Delthea for a while. The artist is Rika Suzuki.

I notice that this is also a signed R+ variant, meaning there should be an alternate version of this card with different art. Personally speaking, I kind of hope that one is better, as I'm not a big fan of how bright this looks.

1 hour ago, Chrom said:

I notice that this is also a signed R+ variant, meaning there should be an alternate version of this card with different art. Personally speaking, I kind of hope that one is better, as I'm not a big fan of how bright this looks.

Nope, they aren't doing alternate arts for signed cards anymore. That was only in S5. Only unsigned +s get alternate art anymore.

Also, I think Clive looks ridiculous with that crown hat thing. matty;

Oh my bad, for some reason I thought they were still doing that.

I find it hard to fully appreciate Clive's art, including his design, with everything else going on, so I'd be interested in seeing the complete illustration when the artist should eventually post it.

1 hour ago, Nanna said:

Kitanishi is listed as a guest for the pre-release livestream again! flower;flower;flower;

I'm not sure if you've learned yet, but in the official tweet where they posted about that, they actually also said Yusuke Kozaki will be appearing as well. I'm not sure why he's not on the page itself, but this is also true!

On a different note, the product page for Series 11 was recently updated to include additional information about the contents of the booster box. The featured booster cards aren't really new, I think, but more interestingly this booster box will only come with two promos, and they're the Eirika and Ephraim cards we had already seen before. I'm personally mildly disappointed about this...I was sure they were going to be in the booster, but that doesn't look to be the case. The sleeves will be themed after FE Sacred Stones and FE Warriors as usual though.

DPOFKwtVQAIGwVp.png

I'm really in love with these two joined art cards of Marth and Chrom from FE Warriors illustrated by Senri Kita. Admittedly they technically don't provide anything new to the game (they're really just supplementing their signature abilities to the colorless group), but the art is just so cool.

DPn7T5iVQAIMODC.png:small

Here's a look at another new pair of cards for Eirika and Ephraim, illustrated by Rika Suzuki. Their newfound powers through the Lunar and Solar Brace grant them the strength they need to advance in battle!

On a related note, the FE Cipher Twitter has also announced a new guest appearance for the upcoming livestream this Sunday, Taku Yatsushiro, Ephraim's voice actor from FE Heroes.