What happened to NSider?

Terranort

I suppose in the sense that we wanted to make a stand against the guys that owned us, but we left NS2 because CG was basically ignoring us, while the members of NeoGAF, as far as I've heard, are making a political and social statement.

NeoGAF’s destruction had something to do with sexual allegations of the site’s founder and people jumping ship once there was evidence found of it, or so I heard. Learned from videos and stuff of the aftermath that the place also harbored pedophile apologists (even if they were of a minority there) and things of that nature, sooo... can’t really say I’ll miss GAF, though still sucks for regulars there who were innocent to suddenly have the place be gone abruptly without warning. We Nsiders know what that’s like all too well...

Edited by Ridley Prime
1 minute ago, Ridley Prime said:

NeoGAF’s destruction had something to do with sexual allegations of the site’s founder and and people jumping ship once there was evidence found of it, or so I heard. Learned from videos and stuff of the aftermath that the place also harbored pedophile apologists (even if they were of a minority there) and things of that nature, sooo... can’t really say I’ll miss it.

Yeah, that's basically what happened. Allegations about site founder extra curricular activities have been around for a while so when the when some evidence link back to founder and how that place had few staff with questionable activities as well. It is no wonder most or all backed out of that forum.

Nsider: "Alright, kids, we're closing the forums. But we'll be back soon! ... Maybe. Maybe not."

Nsider2: "CG is no longer working with us. Quick--let's jump to a new forum!"

Ninfora: "Welcome to Ninfora. Please, take a seat as a we witness a political shitshow unfold."

If our chat thread is any indication, activity here as dropped considerably. Ninfora started small, and was only torn apart after some political fighting backed by hostility. I stopped coming here as well this past month. It's depressing to see Ninfora in this state. I only came back because NeoGaf was down and I was bored. I can't imagine I'll be here any longer after this year. Not even most recent Nintendo/videogame news provides a pulse in these parts. Most of us are growing up, too, our interested and time for videogames is waning.