Fire Emblem Warriors

Chrom

Just waiting for GameStop to ship my copy. I hate that their fastest delivery is still a few days when Amazon have items delivered on release. Anyway, I'm looking forward to streaming it. Should be a fun experience given that I haven't played a Musou game before.

I've been surprised by Gamestop shipping a few times, though this time I am getting the SE of the game from BB through my brother who has the membership to save 20% but won't be able to play the game until Monday or possibly Sunday night. Hoping that however it's being delivered comes by 3 pm tomorrow since I am leaving at that time for something that takes me away for the weekend.

56 minutes ago, Dancing Mog said:

So they're locking 4 characters who are already in the game, plus one character that they explicitly mentioned that they originally cut, behind a paywall? That's almost Capcom-level dickishness right there.

First the Ayra fiasco and now this...

Still holding out on getting a Switch until either a really cool special edition that's more than just goddamn colored JoyCons comes out or holiday 2018, whichever comes first.  Should I wait that long to pick up FEW or should I get it for 3DS?

Edited by Reilly
15 minutes ago, Reilly said:

Still holding out on getting a Switch until either a really cool special edition that's more than just goddamn colored JoyCons comes out or holiday 2018, whichever comes first.  Should I wait that long to pick up FEW or should I get it for 3DS?

For what it's worth, Hyrule Warriors Legends runs remarkably well on the N3DS.

I'd say go for it.

22 hours ago, Reilly said:

To support what Tyranogre said, here's video Digital Foundry did when comparing Hyrule Warriors on three systems. I'd imagine they will do the same for FE:W (I know it's New 3DS only on the handheld side).

I'm sure people here are busy playing the game but for those that might not be and would like to see a playthrough, look no further. I streamed part of this the night after I got the game. This part takes place before Chapter 1 because half way through Chapter 1, the footage got corrupted so I'll have to play that one over.

Spoiler

I have finished up to Chapter 3.

I'll play some more later tonight after Mario Kart but I am currently up to Chapter 6. I like how the weapons have their own abilities and how some of the abilities on them are unlocked from a KO count when using the weapon in question. Sometimes I find myself wondering what my units are doing when I'm away from them in battle.

I did say Part 2 would have Chapters 1-3 on it but the video ended up getting too long so I left off Chapter 3 for another time.

Spoiler

Any comments on the thumbnails would be appreciated. I don't want to spoil anything through them so I've mainly been using cutscene shots.