South Park: TFBW

EH_STEVE

Got this yesterday. Well, the missus got it for me, semantics.

Got a couples in and really enjoying it. I'm not one for strategy RPGs but the battlefield isn't huge, so that helps. The comedy is solid for the namesake, and they seem to have really fleshed out the gameplay to make it more of an RPG with crafting artifacts and consumables and doing sidequests, etc.

So far I highly recommend it.

My copy should come today, I was pretty pissed that it didn't arrive yesterday. It was the first time I pre-ordered a game from Best Buy that it didn't arrive on or before the release date and I was really looking forward to playing it. Oh well, I guess waiting a day won't kill me although it'll probably have some big day 1 update that I'll have to wait for as well, which always takes forever cuz of my slow internet. Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far though.

2 minutes ago, JanusDS said:

My copy should come today, I was pretty pissed that it didn't arrive yesterday. It was the first time I pre-ordered a game from Best Buy that it didn't arrive on or before the release date and I was really looking forward to playing it. Oh well, I guess waiting a day won't kill me although it'll probably have some big day 1 update that I'll have to wait for as well, which always takes forever cuz of my slow internet. Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far though.

I got it on X1, took like 30 minutes to "update and install"

I guess I didn't adequately emphasize HOW SLOW my internet is. I just received the game about an hour ago and it has a 2.5 GB update to download, which on my 1.5 Mbps internet will take at least until sometime late tonight if not overnight. On my 15 Mbps internet that I had at my old place, it would probably take 30 min to an hour to download but now obviously it's about 10x that and that's assuming one of my other devices doesn't start some kind of update download that I'm not aware of and hog bandwith. I could go ahead and start playing the game since its installed but I prefer to let the day 1 updates install in case there are any game breaking bugs that would neutralize my play time.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I managed to beat the game this morning and holy buttfuck, that game was fucking amazing. I thought there was no way they would equal let alone top TSoT but I'd say it at least equaled TSoT in terms of the overall game satisfaction. Toward the end of the game like around Day 4 or so I started getting annoyed with how the enemies' HP had outpaced the amount of damage that your characters do, which didn't make the battles particularly harder but just more drawn out, which was quite annoying. But omfg, once you start the Farts of Future Past story segment, everything is just SOOOOOOO worth it, SOOOOOOO hilarious and just so good in the making fun of and attention to detail of the characters from the previous game. And then that ending was just......ROFROFROFROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!! :D This was such a great episode / movie / game / whatever you want to call it of South Park, lol. I'm happy that after 20 years Trey and Matt still haven't lost it. I was worried for a bit with the past 2 seasons of the show but I've been enjoying the current season a lot more and the game definitely cemented itself as a great addition!

I got 100% on my first and only play through thus far though granted I got 2 of the trophies after beating the game - the Freeman one and the one for collecting all the Yaoi, of which I had to look up the location of 4 of them. I felt stupid for missing 3 of them but the other one was pretty well blended in so I didn't feel too bad about missing it. I got the deluxe version, which includes the season pass, for the PS4 but I enjoyed it so much that I may get the base game for X1 if there's a good sale during BF just to support the game and franchise as well as to play it again, lol. I've already seen that Target is going to have it for $30 and I'm hoping that BB will have it for that price or less because even though GCU doesn't apply to BF sales, last year they left almost every game on sale for the same price after the official BF sale period and then you could have GCU apply to it, which is what I'm going to hopefully do again this year, lol. Though they might have learned their lesson from last year and I may get screwed, but we'll see.