Remember me?

Phantom123

Holy shit. I used to be on the old forums, then RPGN and RPA, NS2, and now I just came back (seven years later) to discover this exists. 

I dunno who is reading on here, and I can't imagine anyone cares, but I made it. My dream was working in VG music, and I actually fucking did it. It feels silly to even come here, but honestly, those old Nintendo forums taught me more about personnel management and efficient communications than any part of my college degree ever did. Those forums WERE my outlets socially and creatively growing up, and they nurtured my passion. 

Thanks for everything, gang...

I'm mainly a composer and soloist; I've performed on soundtracks for Nintendo (SSB Wii U/3DS specifically), Square Enix (FF Franchise), Namco Bandai, Capcom, and more. As a composer, I worked for Rooster Teeth, Screw Attack, one of the Beyblade anime shows, and a decent enough list of games from all over the place :) None of which seemed remotely plausible as a kid living in the boonies when I used to frequent the old Nsider and NS2 forums. 

Just now, Kirbymeister2 said:

I felt like I've seen your name before on NS2

I was an admin for a fairly long time; probably a few years, until around 2010?

Just now, Reilly said:

Holy shit, that's amazing!  How do you even go about getting gigs like that?  I haven't been able to get much relevant work with my music degree.

Build relationships with friends, work with them, and slowly rise off the quality of work. People respond to work ethic more than actual talent, and I can think of dozens of people with crazy talent who don't have an equivalent level of work because they didn't put the time in making friends. Beyond that, confidence; know the value of the work you do, and be willing to step up and prove it to any potential client.

1 hour ago, Phantom123 said:

I was an admin for a fairly long time; probably a few years, until around 2010?

Build relationships with friends, work with them, and slowly rise off the quality of work. People respond to work ethic more than actual talent, and I can think of dozens of people with crazy talent who don't have an equivalent level of work because they didn't put the time in making friends. Beyond that, confidence; know the value of the work you do, and be willing to step up and prove it to any potential client.

Yeah I vaguelly remember you. You remember all the reviews I did back in NS2

Damn if the name isn't familiar... I feel like I can almost see the avatar.

That's awesome to hear though. What tracks in particular? I'd like to hear some of your work, especially the Smash stuff. Or rather, know what work is attributed to you, since with that pedigree I'm sure I've heard it.

Edited by Marxforever

I kind of recognize the name but you're adminship was def after mine was over so I don't ever remember being on staff with you. That's awesome to hear about your music career. So many of those young ones back from the days always had dreams of doing something in the VG world, but that's where it ended. To take a hobby and make it into work isn't as easy as many think when they are younger.