A Hat in Time is wonderful

April

y'all this game is so good. 
A Hat in Time is seriously wonderful.
If 3D platformers are your vibe and you like Gamecube-era Nintendo in general, it's basically a huge love letter to that in particular.
The levels are gorgeous and super fun. Big, open-world, Sunshine style platforming. (minus the water, anyway)
And on top of that are areas with really fun, wacky plots instead, where platforming is seamlessly integrated with stuff like a "Murder on the Orient Express" parody.
The third world does both and features a pretty genuinely unnerving horror chapter!
The movement is super fluid. It's fast and responsive, upgradeable to be more forgiving (anti-bonk badges, for example), and pretty dang fast if you get good at it.
The voice acting is phenomenal, with every character full of (silly) personality and nailing every line. Or you can even turn it into Banjo grunts with a badge as well if that's your thing.
And the MUSIC. Kirkhope was commissioned for a few tracks, but the team's own work shines wonderfully on its own.

I couldn't stop smiling the entire time I was playing it the first night. It's really cute, funny, and entertaining as hell. If you are even remotely interested, please give it a closer look. You even get a hidden Corgi text adventure~

Also you get to draw on Hat Kid's face for the file select. I gave her Kamina shades theydonothing;

QpgiToI.png

Edited by Pichi

That is so good to hear. I did play it in early access, and it was a ton of fun. I was thinking of waiting for the PS4 version later this Fall so I can play it with a controller, but that backer code is just sitting on my Steam now. Really glad to hear you're enjoying it, too! This game really has not gotten the attention it deserves. :)