C64 Mini coming soon...

Hmm, never had a C64 (but have played IBM PC ports of C64 games like the early Lucasarts adventure games like Maniac Mansion). But yeah, personally cannot see the $70 price tag, but I wonder if a C64 fan can see if that is worth something, like us with the NES and SNES Minis, where we knew it had an extremely stellar lineup that's worth the price.

1 hour ago, avalonknight said:

Hmm, never had a C64 (but have played IBM PC ports of C64 games like the early Lucasarts adventure games like Maniac Mansion). But yeah, personally cannot see the $70 price tag, but I wonder if a C64 fan can see if that is worth something, like us with the NES and SNES Minis, where we knew it had an extremely stellar lineup that's worth the price.

I could buy the affection for the system and games going for that kind of price tag but like the Atari before it, I found the level of graphics below the NES/SMS just too rudimentary for me to get into.  Now, yes, some of the games later on in their life cycles got more detailed but....

Kinda cool I guess but I couldn't see myself shelling out for this.  Not much experience with the C64, nor fond memories to even draw on nostalgia with and ultimately my mind just wanders to things like the Intellivision plug and play console when I think of it.