Jump to content
Chrom

Bonneton - N4A Chat Thread, October 2017

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, fuzz said:

 

Haha at least they have some overlap in white (that's what my prerelease pool looked like), but yeah mine went about as well as you said when I did it haha. Tbh I think vampires is the only tribe that really, really needs the key vampires matter cards to really go off, some of the cards among the other tribes seem relatively fine on their own. In the few drafts I've done I've tried to focus on a specific archetype, but haven't really seen the tribal stuff come together fully yet. But, maybe that just means I need to draft better haha.

 

Did you play in the prerelease?

 

Merfolk was wide open in my table as well, you will be disappointed to hear that I went 'hmm, merfolk is open, I probably should switch' several times during p1/p2 and didn't switch...

 

Nah, didn't have time. Did you?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Gold said:

So far, I've been super good at keeping in touch with them due to all the stuff we have to collaboratively work on. Went out of town last week for an escape game training thing and didn't tell any of them. Missed two days of classes and I have massive rope burns on my wrists from the training, and I have a pretty huge gash on my cheek from a closet shelf collapsing on me when I was digging around for an old file a friend needed. One girl apparently was joking around that I had been kidnapped, and when I came in looking like that yesterday, she and a few others actually believed it for a few minutes.

Lol, I would have turned with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, ace said:

The T-Pain concert scheduled for this Friday on campus was cancelled. How will any of us be able to go on???

Pain-lessly?

 

 

awesome;

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Shiva said:

 

Merfolk was wide open in my table as well, you will be disappointed to hear that I went 'hmm, merfolk is open, I probably should switch' several times during p1/p2 and didn't switch...

 

Nah, didn't have time. Did you?

Haha so it goes in draft. Are you familiar with xmage? You can play sealed and draft on there, we should give it a go sometime. Cheaper than drafting magic online (free) and good practice.

 

I did! And it actually went terribly haha. Ended up with a Kopala by trading for modern Merfolk so that was sweet, and I pulled Huatli so I'm not disappointed. I just misplayed horrendously after a couple months of not playing paper magic due to school T.T

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, fuzz said:

Haha so it goes in draft. Are you familiar with xmage? You can play sealed and draft on there, we should give it a go sometime. Cheaper than drafting magic online (free) and good practice.

 

I did! And it actually went terribly haha. Ended up with a Kopala by trading for modern Merfolk so that was sweet, and I pulled Huatli so I'm not disappointed. I just misplayed horrendously after a couple months of not playing paper magic due to school T.T

 

Oh yeah, I've heard of it but never tried it. Guess we could give it a go sometime?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Shiva said:

 

Oh yeah, I've heard of it but never tried it. Guess we could give it a go sometime?

 

 

 

I've always enjoyed using it for limited specifically. When it comes to constructed, I usually just go on cockatrice or untap.in as they're easier and more like real magic. Xmage does have rules enforcement which is kinda neat. I'm like always down for limited so just lemme know dude!

Share this post


Link to post

After being sick of how cluttered our house is for months, hubby and I have spent the last few weeks thinking about and looking at shelving solutions, and we finally decided on something. The new shelves we ordered are coming tomorrow, and in the meantime we've started moving our teal bookselves to a different section to make space.

 

It's still cluttered as fuck for now, since we don't have any new space to put our shit yet, but it's already starting to come along nicely! The new placement of our teal shelves makes that part of our house feel very 'gezellig'. flower; Tomorrow will be new shelf assembly day then working over the weekend and into next week to place everything and get it looking good.

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, fuzz said:

 

I've always enjoyed using it for limited specifically. When it comes to constructed, I usually just go on cockatrice or untap.in as they're easier and more like real magic. Xmage does have rules enforcement which is kinda neat. I'm like always down for limited so just lemme know dude!

 

I'll poke you here when I have a spare moment this weekend, then! (busy with school myself...)

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

SUPER short, but this is so far the only decent clip I can find of me on-stage at the costume contest:

 

 

That's your costume????

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, Weaver said:

THAT IS INCREDIBLE

 

I love how the flowers come out of the parasol like omg that's so creative 😍😍😍

Thanks! It was something only my fiancee and the judges had seen. Throughout the con I only opened my parasols maybe 2 or 3 times and they were never loaded with petals. So before the contest I loaded them to shower the crowd with for my final pose (as shown) and the crowd went crazy. It was fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, Anselma said:

mercy's getting nerfed because fuck that garbage rework lmao

I havent played in a while, i heard they also nerfed het ult damage previously, so does her ult just make her fly and get improved regen now?

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, InXplotch said:

I havent played in a while, i heard they also nerfed het ult damage previously, so does her ult just make her fly and get improved regen now?

and the whole chained healing where she can heal/power boost multiple people at once, but yes

 

they also removed the momentum she got from GA so she's going to be slower now too

 

while i think the nerfs are overkill, mercy's such an unhealthy hero for the game i would rather see her nerfed into the ground than oppressing the entire support meta

Share this post


Link to post

Iunno about her new ult, but i always felt that mercy was fine in they game. Early on it showed how damage amps and mobility were much more valuable buffs from zen and lucio compared to mercy’s overly defensive kit. I think it doesnt help that we have 4 supports and a team pretty much always needs 2, so you end up with a weird cycling in balance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×