Bonneton - N4A Chat Thread, October 2017

Chrom

2 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Why do European cars have their steering wheels on the opposite side?

The automobile was invented in America, wasn’t it? So wouldn’t it have been specifically designed to have the steering wheel on a specific side, regardless of what continent you’re on?

Because where they drive is the mirror to where we drive so it makes sense

Edited by Kirbymeister2
10 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Why do European cars have their steering wheels on the opposite side?

The automobile was invented in America, wasn’t it? So wouldn’t it have been specifically designed to have the steering wheel on a specific side, regardless of what continent you’re on?

1) the first automobile was from Germany 

2) Only English cars have the steering wheel on the right side. They drive on the opposite side of the road. 

I saw Rocky Horror Picture thing movie last night as a first timer. Here are my abridged reactions:

Spoiler

* Going to see the movie *  Huh there seems to be a lot of people wearing bday hats? I wonder who's Bday it is?

*The movie begins with a lip singing* Well... this is kind of unexpected... and creepy...

*The wedding scene where we are introduced to Brad and Jannet* "ASSHOLE" "SLUT" Well that's not very nice... I wonder if this will be a running gag the audience will make up?

*Rice is thrown at me* WTF?

*A song about Brad and Jannet happens in which the crowd says their names in the same time that the song does as well as other people in the movie do*

*Introduced to the crime expert* *People are making remarks at his chin*

*Before Jannet mentions a castle some jackass in the audience does*

*It is raining* *People commense with spraying me with water* WTF?

*The Time Warp happens in which people from their sits come up in front and dance* *I do not as I don't recall being told that this would happen*

*Tim Curry cu- I mean comes in the movie* *The women swoon*

*Time Curry does a Frankenstein thing and makes this guy alive with pretty color rays to... suggest something...*

*Pink exercise equipment...*

*Oh no....*

*Tim Curry and the guy go to a lovers bed*

*NO*

*So Tim makes love to both Janet and Brad but once this blonde buffoon takes a look at this Meatloaf guy he goes angry?* Speaking about Meatloaf for some weird reason he was frozen with a motorcycle and saxophone that seemed to work pretty nicely despite conditions.

Why the fuck is Riff Raff making fun of this blonde guy? That's a bit mean...

*The blonde guy finds Jannet and after  Jannet sees that Brad had fun with Tim she has the idea to do it to Brad?* Wait isn't Brad kind of?

*So Brad and Tim meet with someone at the same room that Jannet and this blonde guy are doing it as this professor is trying to find his son who happens to be the Meatloaf guy.* I bet there won't be any-

*The food that was served was the remains of Meatloaf.... And all of the audience is wearing Bday hats for the blonde guys bday.* No this isn't strange at all....

*A goose chase happens and everyone is turned into nude statues and then they dance for no reason with... clothes... and the Tim appears with... clothes... and he swims in a pool with God and Jesus poking at each other with Tim swimming in the middle and everyone appears*.... .... .... ...

Riff Raff and his incest sister are actually aliens? And so is Tim? Whhhhhaaat?

*Tim thinks he's going home but is killed. Blonde guy tries to escape with Tim and Riff Raff tries to kill him but for some reason the beams don't work but he dies anyways. And some chick is killed.* Alright then....

The two "lovers" and the wheelchair guy escape the castle in which it happens to be a space ship after it is powered by the song of the Time Warp. Ok thennnn

So overall that was one weird experience...

On 10/28/2017 at 6:20 AM, Reilly said:

Define 'pizza'.  How far away are you from NYC?

I'm in Chicago, so it's all Chicago-style pizza. Both thin crust and stuffed. (Yes, we did more pizza yesterday).

I have never understood the area-related food rivalries, though. Yes, different places make things differently. No, you don't need to argue over superiority. We can all enjoy different things.

4 hours ago, Nanna said:

I'm in Chicago, so it's all Chicago-style pizza. Both thin crust and stuffed. (Yes, we did more pizza yesterday).

I have never understood the area-related food rivalries, though. Yes, different places make things differently. No, you don't need to argue over superiority. We can all enjoy different things.

Likewise, you can enjoy a good sports game regardless of who's playing, and no one needs to argue over which team is superior, but those arguments can still be fun both to participate in and watch, and they become especially entertaining over stuff as trivial as pizza.

Also relevant (starting around the 4-minute mark):

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/8o83j9/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-tower-record